LaunchBox Community Forums

Mameui video settings

vanc27

Hi to every one, i have an  issue with mamui and launchbox, 

I can use scanlines and other video setting in mameui but when i load the same rom from launchbox the video settings are reverted to the default mame settings with no scanlines and 4:3 instead of 16:9 , any idea whats wrong with my setup

Thanks in advans

Hi thanks for the reply,

no not at all, i am using just the mameui and when i start a game from mame everything works as i want to,

but when i load a game from launchbox is using the mame default settings meaning (the standard settings 4.3 screen ratio and no scanlines),

if i retry to load a game from mame again it will load with my custom settings,

i tried to re install mame and even re import mame in launchbox  but the same issue is re occurring,

if you have any idea on the issue, please let me knows ,

Thanks in advance 

maybe is wise to uninstall launchbox and re install everything from scratch just to be sure, also maybe have something to do with the mame continues updates, 

i will try, at least now i know that launchbox does not interfere with any emulator settings

Thanks again 

If you got into the Launchbox/Data folder there will be a settings.xml you can just delete that to return to out of the box settings. You need to do this while launchbox is closed, also i would copy it somewhere else first before you delete it just in case, shouldn't be a issue at all, but better to be safe.

• 7 months later...

No problem, not sure exactly when or why this became a problem with the UI versions of Mame.

Mame used to be perfectly fine launching from LB with the ini file in it's default folder but at some point it started being an issue. LB didn't change anything at all since it just calls the exe and rom file and nothing else. I know it used to not be an issue because when I first started using LB I was using MameUI but I have long since switched over to the command line version of Mame and generate my own ini file in the Mame install folder.

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to see a huge thanks to Lordmonkus.  I have just stumbled across this issue when setting up light gun games and using mameui.  Light gun games worked perfect in UI, but if i launch them from within LB the crosshair would pause in centre of screen for a second.  The solution of copying the mame.ini in to the route folder where MameUI is installed worked !   Thank you 

• Like 1