LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox X (In Development 90% Completed)

Cookz718

I see. That’s the View you have posted the screenshots above. It needs a completely new structure to make it look like that View that you want to recreate.

So I assume that you have seen Jason's video tutorial on the Grid system and therefore know how Row/Column definitions work and how to properly assign elements to them.

When you start to create a new View you have to consider first which elements it should feature and how you want them structured. Based on that you start to create your main Grid/Row structure. If we look at the screenshot we see that this View features 5 elements. Based on how they are structured we come to the conclusion that we need at least 3 Rows and 3 Columns in order to build it. I drew this structure inside the screenshot to visualize what I mean.

AzPHJzo.jpg.f0bebb0b92a8101838eff4a6fb423226.thumb.jpg.e19c36c3c7c19d416e07106344ddd33e.jpgI suggest that you start first on building this Grid/Row system and assign all 5 elements to it. If you need a reminder on how to do that exactly just watch Jasons tutorial on it again.

Once you have done that we can talk about how to make it pretty and look like in the screenshot.

9 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

I see. That’s the View you have posted the screenshots above. It needs a completely new structure to make it look like that View that you want to recreate.

So I assume that you have seen Jason's video tutorial on the Grid system and therefore know how Row/Column definitions work and how to properly assign elements to them.

When you start to create a new View you have to consider first which elements it should feature and how you want them structured. Based on that you start to create your main Grid/Row structure. If we look at the screenshot we see that this View features 5 elements. Based on how they are structured we come to the conclusion that we need at least 3 Rows and 3 Columns in order to build it. I drew this structure inside the screenshot to visualize what I mean.

AzPHJzo.jpg.f0bebb0b92a8101838eff4a6fb423226.thumb.jpg.e19c36c3c7c19d416e07106344ddd33e.jpgI suggest that you start first on building this Grid/Row system and assign all 5 elements to it. If you need a reminder on how to do that exactly just watch Jasons tutorial on it again.

Once you have done that we can talk about how to make it pretty and look like in the screenshot.

Ahh damn.. welp :( thats gonna take a while cuz to be completely honest with you im really such a noob at this.. All of this theme i've been working on feels like its taken me a lifetime jejeje which is why im seeking help. will try tho

9 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Would you like to get hands on with it ?? would def be alot of help, if not its totally understandable.

About a year ago I was a noob as well and didn’t know anything about XAML at all. In all honesty, learning how to build themes will take a while and is certainly not something you could learn to do properly in a few hours or even days.

I was under the impression that you seek help to create it yourself and not looking for someone who’s gonna do all the hard work for you. I’m willing to guide you from start to finish so that you can learn XAML and know how to expand, customize and bug fix your own theme further down the road but I won’t completely build it for you.

1 minute ago, CriticalCid said:

About a year ago I was a noob as well and didn’t know anything about XAML at all. In all honesty, learning how to build themes will take a while and is certainly not something you could learn to do properly in a few hours or even days.

I was under the impression that you seek help to create it yourself and not looking for someone who’s gonna do all the hard work for you. I’m willing to guide you from start to finish so that you can learn XAML and know how to expand, customize and bug fix your own theme further down the road but I won’t completely build it for you.

Understandable :D just really want to release it by this week.

That’s definitely a great start!

What you are seeing in Turion’s theme isn’t a clear logo, it’s a steam banner which gets handled by the ImageView element.

<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageView}" Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="1" />

3 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

That’s definitely a great start!

What you are seeing in Turion’s theme isn’t a clear logo, it’s a steam banner which gets handled by the ImageView element.

<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageView}" Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="1" />

did nothing.. from what im understanding here its the clear logo that i have used for the game that keeps showing up (because the theme has everything on clear logo so i made banners under clear logo). which is totally fine BUT ........... the menu is gone this keeps happening to me now.. (the play and other options disappears). 

progress.jpg

7 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Well for starters you’re missing a third row for the Game Title. But as that’s not your current problem:

For the ImageView change the column to “0” and remove the ColumnSpan

For the ListView remove both RowSpan and ColumnSpan. Set the Column to “1”

this happened :| 

progress.jpg

request.jpg

You have to adjust the margin values as well. Basically what happened is that you have assigned the elements to the wrong Columns and tried to push them with the margins to the right place. Now that the elements sit in the right columns do the margin properties push them way too far. For example is your ImageView currently pushed left by 1900 pixels which means that it’s completely pushed out of the column it sits in. Set all numbers in the Margins to 0 and then slowly adjust them until they fit.

The order of the numbers inside the margin property is "Left,Top,Right,Bottom"

Just FYI I'm going to bed now, so it will take a few hours until I can answer any new questions.