LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox X (In Development 90% Completed)

Cookz718

Hey whats up everyone ! Im currently working on a new theme. Extremely simple, clean, and in 4K. This project is 90% & this is my first attempt to make a theme. Im glad to announce that ill be releasing it this week and even though it is extremely basic, its clean, smooth and 4K ! i want to thank everyone in this community for helping me out especially since i am a noob at this & special thanks to @Grila  @ALIE  @Rincewind @CriticalCid  for giving me tips & helping out. So here it is let me know what you guys think (remember purpose of this is to keep it simplistic as possible).

Selecting Platform

Menu 1.jpg

Menu 2.jpg

Menu 3.jpg

Menu 4.jpg

Game Details / Ratings / Stars

Menu 6.jpg

Menu 7.jpg

Selecting Game

Menu 8.jpg

Main Menu / Options Menu59a9fdb2754f9_Menu9.thumb.jpg.2a470fbc864dfd52cf01348fa68f4574.jpg

Edited by Cookz718
  • Like 8

This looks gorgeous the background images is almost exactly like some i used for my Emulationstation built i was doing before i jumped on LB. 

I can't imagine what tips i could possibly have given xD. but if i somehow encouraged you into making this out knowing it. then I'm happy.. 

Edited by ALIE
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ALIE said:

This looks gorgeous the background images is almost exactly like some i used for my Emulationstation built i was doing before i jumped on LB. 

I can't imagine what tips i could possibly have given xD. but if i somehow encouraged you into making this out knowing it. then I'm happy.. 

jejeje thanks ! yeah i kept notes of the ones who actually gave me advices / tips on the site. I wanted to aim something extremely simple but classy & organized. not having soo much going on type of thing. I'll be releasing it, this week :D 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cookz718 said:

thank you !! and yes it'll cover ALOT of the systems. Just trying to add a Clock some where in there and also having to make custom Art Work for the Selections

Definitely hope you will cover odd systems. If not maybe have some pretty universal art as temporary filling?  

Just now, ALIE said:

Definitely hope you will cover odd systems. If not maybe have some pretty universal art as temporary filling?  

will be covering most im trying to do something thats really tricky and i actually need some help. Seen someone here do this, im not sure what section of the XAML do i edit and even how do i even to get it to be like that (extremely frustrating). I asked around but no answer

AzPHJzo.jpg

• Like 1

If you need a start up video just give me a shout , I will need your logo if you have already designed one. If not tell me the style you would like and I will try my best not to disappoint.

i wish I could code ... xaml looks a bit over my head.

Edited by harryoke
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, harryoke said:

If you need a start up video just give me a shout , I will need your logo if you have already designed one. If not tell me the style you would like and I will try my best not to disappoint.

i wish I could code ... xaml looks a bit over my head.

Awesome !! that would be amazing !! what kind of startups have you done ??

The theme you are referring to was one of the very first custom BigBox themes ever. It was released just after Jason has built the engine for it. Needless to say that the engine has changed quite a bit since then, especially in the early days. That’s why some parts of it are broken now because the theme creator also has never updated it.

After seeing your screenshots above it appears to me that you already have customized your TextList Games View. Unfortunately you can only have one TextList view per theme, so you would need to decide what design you prefer more.

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

The theme you are referring to was one of the very first custom BigBox themes ever. It was released just after Jason has built the engine for it. Needless to say that the engine has changed quite a bit since then, especially in the early days. That’s why some parts of it are broken now because the theme creator also has never updated it.

After seeing your screenshots above it appears to me that you already have customized your TextList Games View. Unfortunately you can only have one TextList view per theme, so you would need to decide what design you prefer more.

just want the TextListGamesView to look like this right before pressing the play button (after selecting the game)

AzPHJzo.jpg

1 minute ago, CriticalCid said:

Like I said there can only be one TextListGamesView per theme. Both the game selection and game options selection share the same View and therefore will look identical. Unfortuantely you can't have both design that you have posted.

So there for..  it can't be done ?? :( ... the game selection i have it under Vertical Wheel 3 btw. (don't know if that makes any difference).

1 minute ago, CriticalCid said:

It can be done. That view is actually very simple to do. But you have to decide if you are sure that you want to replace this

Menu 6.jpg

with this

AzPHJzo.jpg

YES !!!, question is would it effect the rest of the theme ? and what consequences am i looking at ?? But yes i do as long as it doesn't effect the rest of the theme (as in i can keep the way i have everything else).

It would only affect the other TextList View that I have posted. All other views would stay the way they are.

What kind of help do you need exactly? To answer your initial question, you have to edit 2 Views for that.

In the TextListView you only need to remove the Logo and Title at the top. Just remove both elements inside the DockPanel that handle them and they should be gone. Everything else can be done right in the TextListGamesView

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

It would only affect the other TextList View that I have posted. All other views would stay the way they are.

What kind of help do you need exactly? To answer your initial question, you have to edit 2 Views for that.

In the TextListView you only need to remove the Logo and Title at the top. Just remove both elements inside the DockPanel that handle them and they should be gone. Everything else can be done right in the TextListGamesView

ahh okay gotcha ! check it this is the only thing i feel its truly missing from the theme and after that its 99% done the rest is easy stuff i can take care of (im really really bad with XAML).

I want the rest of the Views to Stay as the way i have it.. So Platform View stays the way i have already custom-made it to look. 

i want to also keep the Vertical View as Is the way i have it (with the Icon of the games going down with the description on the side along with the background & ESRB Rating 

So those 2 are done no need to touch does.. the FINAL thing i really really want / need to complete the theme is

After selecting the game you want to play (menu that appears before you press Play which im guessing is the TextListView or TextListGameView idk). To look like this :

AzPHJzo.jpg (This is really all im asking for just specifically this part)

It’s the TextListGamesView. The TextListView only handles what elements the text list actually contains (like the text list itself or the logo you just have removed).

So for which part do you need help for exactly? Have you already tried to build it yourself? And if not, what’s the problematic part that hinders you to find the right approach?

Just now, CriticalCid said:

It’s the TextListGamesView. The TextListView only handles what elements the text list actually contains (like the text list itself or the logo you just have removed).

So for which part do you need help for exactly? Have you already tried to build it yourself? And if not, what’s the problematic part that hinders you to find the right approach?

Gotcha !! well i tried messing around with the TextListView but i just can't get it right.. I end up moving things around but it doesn't land exactly where i need it to be, to make it how i want it :( thats why i am seeking help to see if anyone can help me edit the XAML. Been messing with it all day and no luck.
im learning as i go little things here and little things over there.. But this by far i am 100% stuck :(