LaunchBox Community Forums

DEmul freezing on fullscreen

DaveC

Hi guys,

I have an issue with DEmul, I've tried with both Dreamcast and Naomi 2, they run great windowed but when I go fullscreen it just freezes. I can then ALT+ENT back to windowed mode but the emulation will stop and I have to restart the emulator.
If I select 'Start in Fullscreen' it just goes black when I boot a game and not even the BIOS screen will load.

I've messed around with different settings, edited the .ini files and disabled DPI scalings in the Windows demul.exe properties but no luck. Whatever I try, it will just freeze. Is there anything I can put into Launchbox command line to fix this or would I have more luck over at the dedicated DEmul forums?

I've attached my DEmul settings here and have never had issues with any other emulators fullscreen (eg: Dolphin)demul.thumb.PNG.88b6fd80903bac99d36dfd6ff653f4ec.PNG

Thanks so much.

Edited by DaveC
Minor text edits

Thanks! But I've tried all layer settings and still I get the same thing. There seems to be others who have had trouble launching Demul in fullscreen, but most of these look like it switches back to a window after a few seconds, where as mine just freezes the emulation.

I've tried different GFX plugins (DX11Old, DX10), and still nothing.

I'm using 180816 (the latest listed here: http://demul.emulation64.com/downloads/) but have tried v0.582, unfortunately with that I couldn't even get my ROMS to load, must be a different version ROM set maybe? So went back to the latest.
I am using Win10 yeah, I will have a look for the 'disable fullscreen optimization' as soon as i get home from work.

Do you recommend downloading 08182016?

Really appreciate your help too, btw.

Edited by DaveC

Thanks for the reply. So running sfc /scannow would tell me if that is my problem or should I just go ahead and download that fix regardless? Is it just a case of copying the new .dll over the old one? The steps on your provided link warn of potential damage if not done correctly?

Edited by DaveC