LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble getting custom themes running in Big Box

ARPES

Hi all, 

I am having some trouble in my first attempt at getting a new theme to work in Big Box. I have downloaded the CleanBG theme from the website, and I have followed the video tutorial on Launchbox on how to install a new theme. I downloaded the theme as a zip file (the theme was CleanBG) and unzipped in the "Themes" folder of Launchbox.  I can select the theme from the Options -> Views menu, but nothing changes!

Is there some advanced steps which i am missing?

45 minutes ago, ARPES said:

Hi all, 

I am having some trouble in my first attempt at getting a new theme to work in Big Box. I have downloaded the CleanBG theme from the website, and I have followed the video tutorial on Launchbox on how to install a new theme. I downloaded the theme as a zip file (the theme was CleanBG) and unzipped in the "Themes" folder of Launchbox.  I can select the theme from the Options -> Views menu, but nothing changes!

Is there some advanced steps which i am missing?

Welcome to the community. :) Are you sure you unzipped it correctly? Some times when you unzip you end up doubling up the folder, when you double click the Cleanbg folder in Launchbox/Themes is there another cleanbg folder inside it? There shouldn't be, there should just be a bunch of folders and files.

Hi there, 

Yes the zip file unzipped correctly.  I then removed the zip file itself from the "Themes" folder and left the resultant unzipped CleanBG folder in the Themes directory. Within the CleanBG folder, there is indeed a number of subfolders and files. Total size of the folder is c.a 58mb. I have attached a pdf image of the two option screens "Views" and "Images" to show what is currently selected/configured in my BB. I did notice that on the tutorial video there were slightly different menu options under the "Views" menu (perhaps a different version of BB?). My current version of Launchbox is 7.1, downloaded around one week ago. The only other modification i have done on the BB interface is to try out a new intro video (splash screen). 

Cheers

BigBox_Config.pdf

Lol, no probs. I was just typing out a long response which i have now deleted. :) Glad you got it working, that often trips people up, they unzip the theme to a folder named the same as the zip, but inside that folder is another one with the same name. So Bigbox is just selecting the parent folder, but the actual theme contents are another folder deep.