LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't get fs-uae Amiga CD32 working

SirEd

Hey there, 

my first topic here, so hi to all of you!

I recently stumbled over launchbox and it seemes to be so great! But unfortunately 'till now most of my time i'm fighting with issues. I just cant get my CD32 games to work. This is what I tried so far (several times by the way after watching different tut-videos):

1. Created the CD32 platform using "Commodore Amiga CD32" as console.

2. Imported my roms and chose the Amiga CD32 platform

3. Created an Emulator by choosing the launch.exe of my fs-uae folder (i'm using the portable fs-uae version as reccomended in one od that youtube tutorials).

When clicking a game noe all i get ist fs-uae trying to liad a game from hd (or floppy - not sure with that). Shouldn't the emulator recognize that my game is a CD32 rom? I already checked my CD32 Roms and again edited them to my CD32 platform . I'm really out of ideas. Please help! Thanks in advance!!!

PS: english isn't my foreign language. Hope everything is understood. Otherwise please just ask. Thanks.

I recommend scanning your CD images into your FS-UAE library and exporting UUIDs for them. The process is the same as any other format. The disc images are matched by checksum - if it matches the checksum it's looking for, it'll be imported automatically. If it's not, you can still add them manually by creating a new config, going to the CD-Rom tab, adding in your disc image, and naming/saving the config - those configs can then be imported into LB as the rom.

I'm assuming you've seen my tutorial video? I don't really go into CD32 in that video, but the process is the same - use "update file database" to scan for new games. If it's recognized, test it out and make sure it's working and, if so, export the UUID and import it into LB and associate it with the FS-UAE UUID emulator entry. If it's not recognized, or it's not working for some reason, create your own custom config (though make sure you tell it to use CD32 as the model, not A1200; and make sure it's using the CD32 pad) and import it into LB and associate it with the FS-UAE emulator entry.

Hey Zombeaver, the tutorials I watched wasn't yours but I wish I had found yours earlier! Although I'm emulating Amiga Games quite often until now I never figured out how to use whd load, not to mention uuid... Seems as I like playing much more than trying to figure out too complicated stuff :).

Thanks to yout tut I at least see a good chance to get whdload and uuids working but yesterday I was too short on time...

Thanks A LOT for your help and the time you put into your tutorial, I really appreciate that! Now I just have to find some time to download the uuid exporter and get that launchbox running. 

Greetings, Johannes

Edited by SirEd
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

hi  

please, i need your help. I have configured FS-UAE and now i can play my .adf and WHLOAD games with Model = Amiga1200 and my AmigaCD 32 games with Model = CD32.  After that, I imported the FS-UAE.exe emulator on LB, without any issue: I'm able to play all .adf and WHLOAD games. 

Now I imported Amiga CD32 in LB, using the same FS-UAE installation (I mean, same Launcher.exe used for Amiga emualation).  I tried to import 2 AmigaCD32 games: one of them in folder format, with bin, cue, img, sub files: I added the .cue file in LB.  The other one is in .zip format (it included .wav files, .cue and .bin).  LB correctly detected them, but if i run them, the emulator starts but:

1) when i play the game in folder format, it appear a blue screen, with AMIGA DOS information. I think that I have understood the issue: if I play this game, the emulator doesn't start with Amiga CD32 model. If I push START on my joypad, it appears at the upper left side: Amiga 500".

2) when i play the game in zip format, it appears only the AMIGA CD 2 logo. Here if I push START, it doesn't happen anything

I suppose that I have to do something of particular in order to correctly start the FC-UAE emulator for CD 32 games... can you help me, please?

I also tried to create 2 different FS-UAE installation folder: one used in LB only for Amiga games and the oter one only for Amiga CD32 games. But i don't solve the issue. It seems that in order to load in LB the Amiga CD 32 games, it is necessary an additional step...

can you help me please?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I do with FS-UAE, and has been working flawlessly for normal Amiga titles and CD32 titles

1. Create a configuration for the game in FS-UAE Launcher, the model must be set to CD32
    ys6bG0d.jpg
  2. These config files are saved with the extension fs-uae in the Configurations folder where you store your FS-UAE emulator (i.e. D:\emus\FS-UAE\Configurations)
  3. For CD32 and CDTV titles, I create a subfolder called CD32 under Configurations (i.e. D:\emus\FS-UAE\Configurations\CD32). This step can be skipped if you would rather have all your Amiga fs-uae files in the same folder, it doesn't matter.
  4. In Launchbox, I set the Game folder path for the CD32 platform to D:\emus\FS-UAE\Configurations\CD32, and the fs-uae file is the ROM file
    pD1sKsP.jpg
Edited by MCF