LaunchBox Community Forums

SuperMKart and bsnes accuracy woes

DeletedUser#3940

So I ran across this thread:

But what I'm running into is that I have all of the dsp chips in place. Core info for BSNES accuracy says everything is there. I still have no options for the core under retroarch but regardless, when I load the game through Launchbox, retroarch never opens. If I launch the content from retroarch manually, then it works. 

This works for most of the dsp games except for mariokart. While the game does launch, the tracks are a scrambled mess of textures. 

1. Should I have core options in retroarch for bsnes accuracy?

2. Is there a reason why LB won't launch the dsp games in retroarch? 

1. Bsnes accuracy does not have any options at all, it's purpose is to be as accurate as possible, so any user options would mess with that.

2. As long as you're dsp chips are correct and located in the Retroarch/System folder then it should work just fine, i have never seen the issue you are referring to unfortunately, so that is going to be difficult to troubleshoot.

Ah, okay I am pretty satisfied that accuracy core has no options.  As authentic as possible is fine by me haha. 

Hmm, I have even tried unzipping the files and while mario kart runs, it still has weird glitches with the race track just a garbled mess.

I have the dsp files inside the game zip and in retroarch system folder and still garbled graphics 

Last edit, I found that following the instructions to make dsp files with higan stand alone program. 

If anyone needs help with dsp, take a look at this link. Thanks. 

Edited by Var5592