LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox DB Auto Updates Meta?

zetec-s-joe

Hmm, never seen this question before, and it's a good one. I would hazard a guess you would have to manually prompt it by highlighting all your games and going to update metadata and images, checking the metadata box but unchecking all the image boxes. That's just a guess, though that way should definitely work, i don't think it is automatic but i could be wrong. :) 

Just now, DOS76 said:

Yeah I'm not 100% on this but I don't think it changes anything unless you initiate on your side.

Yeah, my understanding is that Launchbox will download the metadata file when you edit or add something, but that new metadata will need to be copied over to the individual platform xml's to show the new updated data, so i would guess it would be manually triggered by the user as it may take some time depending on size of the platform.

Thanks for the responses guys :) the reason I ask is I am doing alot of audits ATM, and now and again when I go to edit a games Meta it tells me that there is a DB update and to update I hit yes and it does something, I dont know if this is game specific or just an update? wasn't too sure, and option for auto updating LB DB tagged games would be a nice option! As the DB grows online with release dates and company names etc they would just appear <3

Yeah, when you get prompted for that metadata download that is the entire metadata package which is stored in Launchbox/Metadata/Metadata.xml. This still needs to be incorporated into your actual platform xml's though. It will have all the most up to date metadata we have, but you will need to update your games metadatas to actually use the new metadata stored in that file.

• Thanks 1