LaunchBox Community Forums

WinVice fullscreen problem through Rocket Launcher

AnonymousMOS

I'm not sure about the high pitch noise, I don't think I've ever run into that. You might want to try altering the sound settings. Maybe reduce the sample rate.

I'm not sure if the popping you're talking about is the same thing, but the windows version has some video sync issues that causes it to occasionally make a pop sound. This isn't an issue in the DOS version, and is one of the reasons I use it.

It does auto save settings on exit, but it has to be exited properly via alt+f4 or through the menu. If you force/process close it, it doesn't.

Must have been an issue with just copying the folder from one pc to the other.
I had to do a reinstall to get the settings to save.

As for the whining it seems to have disappeared with the new install.
I still get a pop on boot and shutdown... I'll experiment with that later.

One of the reasons I stopped using WinVice was because of the fullscreen issue. I use Retroarch now and it works fine. I'm using the Vice x64 Core. If you're not able to get the joystick to work just hit F10 on your keyboard while the game is running. Then use your mouse to pick Joystick 1 and then click Resume to return to your game. For some strange reason the Core starts with Joystick 2 selected.

1 hour ago, Orionsangel said:

For some strange reason the Core starts with Joystick 2 selected.

Port 2 is the most commonly used of the two. Port 2 is considered "standard".

https://www.c64-wiki.com/wiki/Control_Port

1 hour ago, Orionsangel said:

If you're not able to get the joystick to work just hit F10 on your keyboard while the game is running. Then use your mouse to pick Joystick 1 and then click Resume to return to your game.

Toooooooo much work. I press two buttons on my controller and it flips from one to the other.

4 hours ago, Orionsangel said:

One of the reasons I stopped using WinVice was because of the fullscreen issue. I use Retroarch now and it works fine. I'm using the Vice x64 Core. If you're not able to get the joystick to work just hit F10 on your keyboard while the game is running. Then use your mouse to pick Joystick 1 and then click Resume to return to your game. For some strange reason the Core starts with Joystick 2 selected.

I don't have any full screen issues with Winvice...

If I need to go from joy1 to joy2 I just take one step to the right in front of my cabinet ?
But also easy enough to set up a hot key like Zombeaver said.

• 5 years later...

Hello. I know RocketLauncher is deprecated and for Commodore 64 there are better options as the “CC64” I run is very good. However, I was reading this post and I saw someone posted a fix for the problem of Full Screen and RetroLauncher with WinVice. The purpose of use WinVice is because I want to use Commore 16, Plus4, 128, The Pet and all commdore and is a versatile emulator for all that ones with RocketLauncher. I had the version 2 of WinVice and I needed to update to the 3.8 because the vice.ini caused crashes and the 3.8 runs perfect without crashed, of course running by its own Winvice without Rocket Launcher. However, it doesn’t run with RocketLauncher the V3.8 in full screen. Anyone knows a fix to run in full screen the WinVice with RocketLauncher. I can execute the games from the RocketLauncher but I see the WinVice minimized and Windowed and is not so nice. I saw this old post that maybe had a fix for this I don’t know if works yet or not for new versions, anyway I can’t test as it was removed. Anyone have a fix for the 3.8 and full screen with RocketLauncher? This is the post I mean it was deleted:

On 9/22/2017 at 2:23 AM, bundangdon said:

Here ya go!

vice.ini 634 B · 44 downloads

_Default.zip 292.78 kB · 34 downloads

Something I just noticed also is that Rocketlauncher won't start up Vice without an .ini file which I've copied from the "users\<name>\appdata\roaming\vice" directory into the Vice (emulator) directory itself