LaunchBox Community Forums

AHK keymapping with MUGEN

madpossum

So I added some MUGEN games to my arcade cabinet, the problem is the control panel uses an IPAC, which maps one of the buttons to the Spacebar, which can't be used as a regular input inside MUGEN. I've already spent a ton of time configuring all my other emus and games to the default controls so don't want to change them. I'm think my best bet would be to use AHK to remap the spacebar to some other key when I run these MUGEN games. The best way I can figure to do that is to set it up as a .bat file and use the additional app feature of Launchbox, but I haven't gotten it to work yet. I was hoping some of the AHK and script writing experts around here could help me out, LOL. 

If you just want Space to actually send some other key, I think all you need to do is add this ahk line to your Launchbox emulator's ahk tab:

Space::<your desired key>

So, if I wanted Space to send the p key for example, I would put:

Space::p

• 3 years later...

I am running into this problem as well and trying to find a solution. I am using a recroommasters arcade cab controller and the third button for player 1 is mapped to the spacebar key which I am unable to use in mugen. The mugen game is launching as a shortcut unfortunately so I am not using an emulator to add an ahk line.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, brgruett50 said:

I am running into this problem as well and trying to find a solution. I am using a recroommasters arcade cab controller and the third button for player 1 is mapped to the spacebar key which I am unable to use in mugen. The mugen game is launching as a shortcut unfortunately so I am not using an emulator to add an ahk line.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have the same controller and had the same issue, Mugen uses spacebar as a Hotkey so we will need to disable it

only downside is your Hotkeys will not function for MUGEN, I have had zero issue with that because the xtension controller does everything at that point

SOLUTION:

go into Mugen config file located in the data folder where your Mugen game is located

open the config file

you will need to edit these to lines;

AllowDebugMode = 

and

AllowDebugKeys = 

by default they are set to = 1   change it to 0 for both

the spacebar number in MUGEN is = 32

now you can use spacebar 3rd button on xtension controller

thats it :)

here is my setup in MUGEN cfg file

IMG_0750.png

Edited by kidshoalin

35 minutes ago, kidshoalin said:

I have the same controller and had the same issue, Mugen uses spacebar as a Hotkey so we will need to disable it

only downside is your Hotkeys will not function for MUGEN, I have had zero issue with that because the xtension controller does everything at that point

SOLUTION:

go into Mugen config file located in the data folder where your Mugen game is located

open the config file

you will need to edit these to lines;

AllowDebugMode = 

and

AllowDebugKeys = 

by default they are set to = 1   change it to 0 for both

the spacebar number in MUGEN is = 32

now you can use spacebar 3rd button on xtension controller

thats it :)

here is my setup in MUGEN cfg file

IMG_0750.png

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly :)

• Like 1