LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Hanging in v 7.11

letstalkaboutdune

56 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Check in your \Launchbox\Updates folder and see if the 7.10 installer is in there.

Thanks for the suggestion @lordmonkus, in there I see the 7.11 installer as well as "c8bf06a2-228d-4a02-a3ca-8b8bbfe1fc59.exe," which is roughly the same size as the 7.11 installer and seems to be from around the time I installed 7.10. I'll give that a try.

Just now, lordmonkus said:

Good to hear it worked out for you but it's weird you had those issues with 7.11, overall it was a very stable and smooth running build.

No idea, but @ckp also seems to have the same issue so it's likely not just me. In any case, I'm happy with 7.10 for now and would rather enjoy my setup than try to debug. I'll check back in again for 7.12. :)

yeah, on my less beastly system (but it's still sort of beastly), I have more BB wheel stuttering in 7.11 than 7.10.

edit: @letstalkaboutdune , i was able to reduce the 7.11 stuttering by doing things like disabling mouse and the setting to not use all controllers. i might have tried a couple other settings too, i can't remember now. i think it's in my thread on 7.11 stuttering. it reduced the stuttering and freezing quite a bit, but it still has a minor stutter that i can now live with.

Edited by ckp