LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform appearing in LB, but not in BB.

MonkeyJug

I added Capcom CPS III as a standalone emulator, forgetting I already had a CPS III playlist from when I imported the Arcade platform.  I deleted the playlist entry from Launchbox, so that it only shows the standalone entry.  The problem is, it is gone completely from BigBox and I don't know how to get it to reappear!

Anyone?

1 hour ago, MonkeyJug said:

I added Capcom CPS III as a standalone emulator, forgetting I already had a CPS III playlist from when I imported the Arcade platform.  I deleted the playlist entry from Launchbox, so that it only shows the standalone entry.  The problem is, it is gone completely from BigBox and I don't know how to get it to reappear!

Anyone?

Hi and welcome to the community. :) 

Well that's a strange one, there should be no difference between Launchbox and Bigbox. Bigbox just reads the configuration files from your Launchbox setup. If you go to your Launchbox/Data/Platforms folder is your CPS III .xml there?

18 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hi and welcome to the community. :) 

Well that's a strange one, there should be no difference between Launchbox and Bigbox. Bigbox just reads the configuration files from your Launchbox setup. If you go to your Launchbox/Data/Platforms folder is your CPS III .xml there?

Yeah, it's in that folder.

4 minutes ago, MonkeyJug said:

Yeah, it's in that folder.

Hmm, well that is perplexing if the .xml is there then it should populate that platform in both Launchbox And Bigbox as they use the same data files. I am confused as to why it wouldn't in Bigbox only. I assume the games launch OK when you launch through Launchbox?

Yeah, everything works fine when I launch through LB.  After adding the standalone version, I noticed the entry was duplicated in LaunchBox, as it previously added an identical entry for the Arcade playlist.  I just right-clicked and deleted the playlist entry.

Perhaps it's something that can be replicated?