LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box dual monitors

Kmetz7547

OK, got Bigbox. 

Found the option in general settings to move it to other connected monitors (works fine)

load game (ex. wii using dolphin)

Emulator loads on totally different monitor from monitor that Bigbox is on.

(I have the monitor that bigbox is on set to my main display in windows as well (windows 10) ... still doesn't load on that monitor)

PLEASE HELP?

i tried that but couldnt get it to work.

i had 3 monitors hooked up and was able to switch between them fine by making the one my main display. i just hooked up another monitor to the graphics card and for some reason when i load big box, the program loads on the correct display i want but the actual emulator loads on that new display always (which isnt set to main)

Unfortunately I am unable to help you, I have a dual monitor setup and everything loads on the monitor that is set to the primary display which is the intended way it is supposed to work.

All I can tell you is to look in the different multi monitor management software out there until you find something that works for you. In the mean time though hopefully someone may come across this thread and have a good working answer for you.

I know for emulators like MAME and RetroArch you can set your monitor in the settings but I don't know about Dolphin. I've also seen some emulators that will be on the last monitor you closed it on so if dolphin opens on the secondary monitor leave fullscreen and drag it to the other monitor and then exit and see if it changes anything.

actually setting dolphin to nonfullscreen and dragging it to other monitor, closing it and reopening it works... although i really wish there was a better solution. my setup is used all around the house and thats quite a workaround to tell each emulator where to load... thanks guys

If you always run your monitors in the same orientation to each other and if you can make sure when you run dolphin that you can set the same monitor to your primary every time for that emulator, even if it's the one you don't want to actually run the game on, then you could make some sort of AutoHotkey script for the emulator to tell it to send keyboard strokes for Win Key + Shift + Right/Left right? I wouldn't know exactly how to go about it but I believe that's possible