LaunchBox Community Forums

Games Work in MAME but not in LaunchBox

LordDangerMouse

Hi I am new to LaunchBox and such so I am hoping that i have just missed something simple.  Yesterday my Arcade games were working fine but now they will not play in Launch Box.  They all still launch and play fine in MAME but when I try to play them in LaunchBox I get "NOT FOUND" errors.  The games are all stored in LaunchBox\Games\Arcade and close launch box and open MAMEUI64 to play them from there and all works fine.

Thanks, 

-DM

LaunchBox Errors.png

Try the following: But first backup your Mame folder in case it does not work than you can delete it an recover your original settings from the back up. 

MameUI has had issues loading the configs stored in the ini folder. It will try to load from the main folder. So make a back up first of your files. Then once you did that in the original MameUI folder copy the contents of your ini folder and paste it into the main folder (the root folder that MameUI.exe is in). Then try to load a game through LB box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Try the following: But first backup your Mame folder in case it does not work than you can delete it an recover your original settings from the back up. 

MameUI has had issues loading the configs stored in the ini folder. It will try to load from the main folder. So make a back up first of your files. Then once you did that in the original MameUI folder copy the contents of your ini folder and paste it into the main folder (the root folder that MameUI.exe is in). Then try to load a game through LB box.

That worked! Thank you so much your my hero :D

-DM

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, Retro808 said:

I have this same issue. Can you please explain the solution again, as I'm having a hard time following your instructions. 

Copy the ini files from the \ini folder to the root folder of your Mame install, the ini files need to be in the same folder as your Mame executable.

For some strange reason the GUI versions of Mame has problems loading games using the command line if you don't do this.

May I suggest switching over to the command line version of Mame (it has it's own UI if you need it). It's really not difficult to use as all and I even find it less time consuming to set it up and reconfigure when I update.

You can check out my guide on getting it setup and running here.

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

May I suggest switching over to the command line version of Mame (it has it's own UI if you need it). It's really not difficult to use as all and I even find it less time consuming to set it up and reconfigure when I update.

You can check out my guide on getting it setup and running here.

excellent guide!! thank you. I will get right on it now.

• 2 months later...