LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box/Launchbox not detecting 8Bitdo-controllers (SOLVED)

daddu3

Just got SNESFC 30-controller and it works like a charm on Retroarch and other emus, but it doesn't get detected on my Big Box + Launchbox. Should be "Xbox Bluetooth Controller", but it doesn't show up in the controller menus. 

Any idea what's going on? Using Windows 8.1 64-bit, Big Box + Launchbox are 7.10 Version.

Edited by daddu3

I believe the 8bitdo controllers actually use dinput don't they? I think to make them xinput you have to buy there wireless dongle and connect that to your PC and sync to it. I have never tried a dinput controller in Launchbox/Bigbox but I thought that they were supported. Hopefully someone who actually owns one can chime in with some advice here.

I am on Windows 10 and BB detects all my 8Bitdo (NES30Pro, SFC30Pro, NES30, and FC30) controllers with no issues. Are your controllers on the most current firmware? I did not need to do anything special to get them to work. Just paired them with my pc and set the controller mappings in BB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I am on Windows 10 and BB detects all my 8Bitdo (NES30Pro, SFC30Pro, NES30, and FC30) controllers with no issues. Are your controllers on the most current firmware? I did not need to do anything special to get them to work. Just paired them with my pc and set the controller mappings in BB. 

I'll check on it, though tad afraid that IIRC, the controller won't be support by Wii or Wii U anymore in the newest firmwares.

10 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

It worked! Updating the Firmware was the deal here. Thanks, @Retro808

Edited by daddu3
  • Like 1

@daddu3 Cool glad it was just a simple firmware. As far as Wii and WiiU I have had no issues with them. For WiiU I am on Cemu 1.10.f and it was a bit a task to get it working because they changed how Cemu inputs controls now. You have to select Xinput, Dinput, etc. I cannot remember which one I got it working under, but it does still work. I have not update to 1.11.0c yet. 

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@daddu3 Cool glad it was just a simple firmware. As far as Wii and WiiU I have had no issues with them. For WiiU I am on Cemu 1.10.f and it was a bit a task to get it working because they changed how Cemu inputs controls now. You have to select Xinput, Dinput, etc. I cannot remember which one I got it working under, but it does still work. I have not update to 1.11.0c yet. 

I think he was talking actual real hardware there, but I could be wrong.