LaunchBox Community Forums

Black screen with latest launchbox version.

Bizznatch

So I'm building an arcade cabinet, and launchbox is powering it.  It's been great over the last year since the project started.  I'm at the point where I'm basically finished, and now having issues with the latest version of big box.  It used to crash sometimes with an error report, but that seems to have stopped since I manually ran the update exe file.  However, occasionally I'm getting black screens when I pick a console to play and it's supposed to bring up the games list.  It's still running as I can hear sounds when I scroll through the lists, I just can't see anything but a black screen.  Even if I back out to the console selection screen and go back in, it's still a black screen until I close launchbox and restart it.  I'm running 2 monitors and think this possibly has something to do with it?  I'm using an ultra wide monitor as my marquee display, and a 32" LCD tv for my main monitor.  I'm really at my wits end, and am curious if anyone else has had this problem, whether you are running just one monitor or 2.  Is there a way to downgrade to the previous version where this wasn't happening?  Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

I’m having something similar and have reported a bug here:

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3558/marquee-display-on-second-monitor.

I’m using an ultra wide monitor too for my marquee.  Every time I get back into Big Box after closing it the second monitor doesn’t display the marquee correctly.  To fix it all I have to do is turn the marquee second monitor off and then back on in the Big Box options.  Your problem sounds a little different but there might be a similar cause.  I haven’t heard anybody else talking about this.

I have done a little more testing and I'm having the exact same issue as you millah22.  I tried reverting back to 7.11 and still am getting the black screen issue occasionally on my main monitor.  As well as the marquee screen issue you described. It doesn't display the marquee correctly when big box is first launched.  It only seems to show up on like a 1/4 of the screen.  And the weird thing is it's not like the image is scaled down to just a 1/4 of the screen, it just only displays the 1/4 of the marquee.  Going to the monitor options and cycling your marquee monitor around back to monitor 2 seems to temporarily resolve the issue for me as well.  Although it's annoying to have to do that every time you start up big box.  Please let me know if you come up with any kind of fix or workaround, and I'll do the same if I figure anything out. Also Jason I have updated my video card drivers, and I tried to reinstall the .net framework but it won't let me.  It says that the newest version is already installed and doesn't give me any other options other than close.

Edited by Bizznatch

I haven’t having any issue on my main monitor.  I’ve had the marquee monitor problems on the ultra widescreen monitor and a normal 16:9 tv as well.  I’ve also made sure my video drivers were up to date but that didn’t fix anything.  I’m using an AMD Radeon card so I’m not sure if it could be an AMD issue.

Thanks a lot Jason!  I love this feature and would like to see you incorporate a third monitor.  I’d like to use it to display fighting game move lists or codes for NBA jam amongst other things.  It would be cool to be able to map a button that would scroll through the images.  It would be nice to be able to run video on the other monitors as well.