LaunchBox Community Forums

is it possible to make ledblinky starts at the beggining of the startup video?

ripleyxlr8

Hi and welcome to the community. :) 

I have never used ledblinky personally so am not to familiar with it, but I would say no probably not to your question. The point of the startup videos is to hide the loading of bigbox and give you something nice to look at while it loads, and as bigbox is controlling ledblinky it wont be activated until bigbox is loaded, which will be after the video ends or is skipped. Of course I could be wrong, so if anyone else who uses ledblinky wants to chime in on this then feel free. 

Thank you for your answer. In fact I think it is very pleasant to have a nice video intro and a LedBlinky animation that can match the intro pace and/or colour. (I'm currently switching from HyperSpin and it was a nice feature)

I was thinking to make a script that will start Ledbinky startup animation and bigbox at the same time to solve this problem.

R

Before startup videos loaded into VLC then once complete BigBox launched. Now BigBox launches and plays the startup video. We can hit a button at anytime and jump right into BigBox. So that should make it possible for ledblinkey to start since BigBox is actuallly started and is the one playing the video. Right? I am pretty much a layperson on things like this so that is only how I am interpreting what I read. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This is a learning experience for me. 

• New Premium Feature: Big Box Startup videos have been overhauled to be run from within Big Box instead of launching VLC directly; videos will now automatically run for the full length of the video unless skipped with a key or button press
Edited by Retro808

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

Before startup videos loaded into VLC then once complete BigBox launched. Now BigBox launches and plays the startup video. We can hit a button at anytime and jump right into BigBox. So that should make it possible for ledblinkey to start since BigBox is actuallly started and is the one playing the video. Right? I am pretty much a layperson on things like this so that is only how I am interpreting what I read. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• New Premium Feature: Big Box Startup videos have been overhauled to be run from within Big Box instead of launching VLC directly; videos will now automatically run for the full length of the video unless skipped with a key or button press

:) 

• Like 1

I wrote a simple AutoHotKey script, it does 5 things

1) Start BigBox

2) Start the animation you want (infinite loop mode)

3) Wait the duration you want (it should be the duration of your startup video)

4) Stop the animation

5) Send the "Game Stop" command to ledblinky in order to display the Launchbox controls.

#Persistent
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir "C:\HyperSpin\Utilities\LEDBlinky"  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
Run, C:\Roms\LaunchBox\BigBox.exe ; Starts BigBox, you should replace it with your own BigBox path
Run, C:\HyperSpin\Utilities\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe Pattern73.lwax ; Patter73.lwax represent the animation you want to play, the file must be in your ledblinky lwax directory
SetTimer, mytimer , 20000 ; Set the timer to stop the animation, the value is in ms
return

mytimer:
SetTimer, mytimer , Delete ; Delete the timer 
Run, C:\HyperSpin\Utilities\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe 11 ; Stop the animation
Run, C:\HyperSpin\Utilities\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe 4 ; Send the game stop signal to display the launchbox controls
ExitApp
return

• Like 1