LaunchBox Community Forums

Change Launchbox from using "../" to Full path without re-installation

FreeSoftwareServers

I just moved my BigBox/LaunchBox to an SSD because it was so slow before. Its loading fine now, except every one of my roms used "../" for the rom path, not the full path, which is G:Emulators\*. Is there a way I can just change every instance of "../" to be the path, it would work, as all paths are the same, eg:

../ = G:\Emulators\

I pay for internet by the GB and my installation is like 100GB's ATM, plus time, I REALLY don't want to rebuild the entire library over about 10K games....

Any help is much appreciated!

@FreeSoftwareServers I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is an option in the Tools menu at the top left hand corner in LaunchBox that you can use. It is called "Change roms folder path for selected games" and you can use that option to change to whatever folder path you like for selected games. Also if you are looking to change an entire platform rom path you can do it the "Manage platforms" option in the tools menu. Just click on edit and change the games path for the entire platform.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, kmoney said:

@FreeSoftwareServers I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is an option in the Tools menu at the top left hand corner in LaunchBox that you can use. It is called "Change roms folder path for selected games" and you can use that option to change to whatever folder path you like for selected games. Also if you are looking to change an entire platform rom path you can do it the "Manage platforms" option in the tools menu. Just click on edit and change the games path for the entire platform.

The Manage platforms option did not work, it wasn't switching from the previous G: drive to the new L: Drive. BUT "Change roms folder path for selected games", worked great, and i can just select all games in a platform, total time to move installation = 10Mins :), Thanks, I feel kinda stupid after needing help to find a tool so aptly names... I figured I'd have to hack a config or something lol.

@kmoney Unfortunatley, the Windows wouldn't work. I have all my PC Games under the same Directory, really its all CMD's to launch the games. It won't let me change it, I can do it manually, only 38, but I kinda feel this is a bug? Would you agree, or is this intended function? I can make a ticket if needed.

Thanks for the tip tho, it still saved a bunch of time w/ all the ROMs.

Windows_Roms.png

Edited by FreeSoftwareServers

@FreeSoftwareServers Glad to see that the change roms folder path worked for you for your roms. I don't think its a bug with changing the windows game path with the change rom path option as there could be many variables for pc games but not quite sure since I haven't tried to change paths with my pc games. Maybe @Jason Carr can jump in and answer that one.