LaunchBox Community Forums

Is any other ROM management app required?

Retrofrogg

I'm looking to set up multiple systems within Launchbox, include MAME, computers and consoles. 

The thing that is confusing me a little at the moment is the ROM management side of things. Do you need a separate ROM manager (e.g. such as RomCenter) when you have Launchbox? Does Launchbox "audit" the ROMs in any way (and by that I mean check that they are intact etc).

You do not need a ROM manager to use Launchbox/BigBox. As long as the roms work in your chosen emulator and you have the emulator setup correctly outside of LB then LB will launch the chosen game. I do not believe LB does any auditing of roms to ensure they are complete or working. 

Edited by Retro808

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Thanks Retro808 - so how do you know if you have all the ROMs for a system?

My original answer may not have been exactly the answer to the original questioned posed. My bad on that. If you have LB and want to verify complete and working roms than yes you will need a separate rom manger as I do not believe LB will verify this information for you.

Edited by Retro808