LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching Sega Saturn .ccd & .img inside 7zip

stamatis87

Hi,

My Sega Saturn Collection is currently all .7zip files with .ccd and .img files inside.

Is there anyway to get LaunchBox to load the .ccd files into either RetroArch, Yabause or SSF?

I can get the games to run manually in Yabause but via LaunchBox after it extracts the files from the 7zip it loads Yabause but the game doesn't boot.

Is there a way to tell LaunchBox to load the the .ccd file after it extracts it from the .7zip file?

Thanks.

Mednafen (standalone and in Retroarch) does support .ccd format. I don't know about them being in a .7z / .zip though. Mine are extracted. I'm not sure if they'd work when compressed like that. Launchbox does have an extract before start feature which you can check in the emulator settings, but it sounds like that's what you've already tried. If it doesn't work with that, you'll probably need to extract them.

3 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Mednafen (standalone and in Retroarch) does support .ccd format. I don't know about them being in a .7z / .zip though. Mine are extracted. I'm not sure if they'd work when compressed like that. Launchbox does have an extract before start feature which you can check in the emulator settings, but it sounds like that's what you've already tried. If it doesn't work with that, you'll probably need to extract them.

Yes I have tried that.

My PSX collection is also the same but with .cue and .bin files and works fine after being extracted by LaunchBox.

Is there something that can be put in the command line to make this work?

i think there was a similar problem with zipped Demul .gdi games in old Launchbox. At that time I think this batch file below was used as the LB "emulator" which would launch the extracted gdi file that LB extracted. You could modify this batch file with your emulator command line to launch your .ccd files:

@echo off

for /f "delims=" %%x in ('dir /od /a-d /b *.gdi') do set recent=%%x

"R:\Arcade\Emulators\Demule\demul32-0.5.8.2\Demul.exe" -run=dc -image="%recent%"

So, change *.gdi to *.ccd and change the demul launch to whatever emulator and emulator command parameters you need to run the roms.

"%recent%" will be replaced by the batch file with your extracted game with the .ccd extension

• 5 months later...

Been fiddling around with this on and off for a couple of months now and decided to switch emulators and go with Mednafen. I tried some games with .bin and .cue files and they get extracted by Launchbox from the 7zip file and play flawlessly. Didn't realise how good Mednafen was for Saturn emulation. I just wish it had the internal resolution upscaler like Yabause but I find the SABR 3.0 shader works quite well especially for 2D games. Plus Mednafen emulates much better than Yabause in terms of sound and smooth gameplay.

• 3 years later...

For those looking for a solution with a more recent version of Launch Box:

1. Tools -> Manage -> Emulators -> Mednafen emulator

2. Check "Extract ROM archives before running" (enabled)

3. Update your emulator application path to point to med.bat "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE" instead of mednafen.exe

4. In your emulator path, create the following med.bat:

@echo off

cd C:\Users\Arcade\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\7-Zip\Temp

for /f "delims=" %%x in ('dir /od /a-d /b *.ccd *.cue') do set recent=%%x

echo %recent%
"C:\Users\Arcade\LaunchBox\Emulators\mednafen-1.28.0-UNSTABLE-win64\mednafen.exe" "%recent%"