LaunchBox Community Forums

Prevent Final Burn Alpha Launching In Full Screen

mightymo77

You guys have been very helpful on this forum, I appreciate it. My question is if I launch FBA directly (not via LaunchBox) it opens normally in windowed mode. If I launch an arcade game from LaunchBox, FBA will try to load in full screen, I can see the icon in my taskbar, however the game does not load. I think this has something to do with my "Default Command-Line Parameters"? That section is blank. Does anyone know what the issue is?

It's been a long while since I have used the stand alone version of FBA but I remember it being a pain to get working properly with Launchbox and I no longer have it installed to do any testing.

I suggest switching over to Retroarch and its FBA core, it's much easier to deal with and works great.

That sounds like Launchbox itself can't find your Roms, have you moved them since you imported your platform? I use MAME for my arcade games but i just downloaded and setup the fbalpha core to test, and i have my options the same as your first image of the three, i just right clicked and opened with Retroarch and the game worked first time, so i think you have Retroarch setup correctly by looking at your images.

Is Launchbox installed in your Dropbox only? Because the Games\Arcade is a relative path only, so if you have Launchbox installed to your desktop for example as well it will be looking there for the games not your Dropbox. If however you have Launchbox only in your Dropbox folder then the games inside of your Launchbox folder there then that all looks correct.

Yes LaunchBox is installed on my Dropbox, and this installation is my testing/monkeying around version. Once I sort out issues and settings, I have another installation on a 256GB SD card that I use.

So, here is he full path: C:\Users\User\Dropbox\Emulation\LaunchBox\Games\Arcade, and LaunchBox.exe is in that LaunchBox path that I put in bold.

Hmm then i'm afraid i am out of ideas, the only thing i could suggest now is to delete the platform and re-import using Retroarch as the Emulator from the start (you would need to check the force importing this system as MAME on the last window of the wizard to make sure it imports as arcade), this will be quite a quick process as i assume you already have all the images and such, so you can uncheck all of them in the wizard, so it should only take a few minutes to import this time.