LaunchBox Community Forums

Auto Key for Coin & Exit

pezley

So I know my Auto Keys are working as I have set up volume Up/down which is working fine but the close current window doesn't seem to be exiting out of mame. 

The other one I'd like to know is if it can be configured to insert coin (or key '5') ? Would save wiring and drilling in another button and seems a much tidier way of doing things. 

2 minutes ago, pezley said:

Thanks but I want it as the hold + press which mame doesn't have

MAME does support button combos, if you look at the bottom of this shot you will see i have 2 buttons set to "UI CANCEL" this is actually the select and B buttons on my mayflash arcade stick, so i hold back/select then press b to exit MAME. The "insert coin" can also be added to any button you want, it's in the "input general/other controls" section of the tab menu. 

Screenshot (239).png

Screenshot (240).png

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

MAME does support button combos, if you look at the bottom of this shot you will see i have 2 buttons set to "UI CANCEL" this is actually the select and B buttons on my mayflash arcade stick, so i hold back/select then press b to exit MAME. The "insert coin" can also be added to any button you want, it's in the "input general/other controls" section of the tab menu. 

Screenshot (239).png

Screenshot (240).png

Awesome thanks, didn't know it could use two keys :)

Also for the insert coin, you could just map it to any button, buttons can be multi-use.  So lets say I wanted coin to also be button 7.  You would want to make it a button you don't normally use however.

I think long press buttons are usually set up in the controller menu.  For instance I have that ability through the ipac software programming. Maybe joy2key or a program like that?

6 minutes ago, Aevans0001 said:

Also for the insert coin, you could just map it to any button, buttons can be multi-use.  So lets say I wanted coin to also be button 7.  You would want to make it a button you don't normally use however.

I think long press buttons are usually set up in the controller menu.  For instance I have that ability through the ipac software programming. Maybe joy2key or a program like that?

Thanks but it's a standard 6 button 2 start cab. I'd rather not drill some extra buttons on if I can avoid it. I dont want to get a coin inserted noise every time I hit heavy kick on street fighter ! :)