LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Autohotkey script depending on platform?

mcfilmmakers

Hi,

I want to set up Launchbox so that it opens Xpadder and a specific profile based on the platform.

I know how to do this on a per game basis and on a general emulator basis.

However, MAME contains multiple platforms but the Autohotkey script applies to the ENTIRE emulator, not per platform.

How can I set the script to look at the platform being used and look for the appropriate xpadder profile that has the same name?

If I am understanding you correctly the simplest way to setup AHK Script on a per platform basis would be to create different instances of your Mame emulator in Launchbox.

You can setup multiple instances of Mame but name them differently for each platform and they would each have their own AHK scrip tab. You won't need to setup multiple installs of Mame at all, just add a new emulator and call it whatever you want (for example Mame Sega Genesis) and point it to the same mame.exe, then you would have a fresh AHK Script tab to put in whatever script you want.

I hope this answers what you are asking, I am guessing you use the AHK script to call xpadder and a specific profile.

• 2 weeks later...