LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch Doesnt Open for PS1 Titles

superbrett2000

Apologies if this topic already exists somewhere; I looked at threads with similar issues, but this doesn't seem to match what others were experiencing.

The Issue:

When I try to launch a PS1 game from Launchbox using the Retroarch emuluator, nothing happens. There's not even a trace of it in my Task Manager on Windows 10.

Here's some info to help narrow down the problem:

- My games will run just fine when opening Retroarch (instead of Launchbox) and using it to run my PS1 games.

- The BIOS files seem to be in the right place, since as mentioned above, my games do work within Retroarch.

- All of my other platforms (NES, SNES, PSP, etc.) are launching from Launchbox without any issues.

- I've included a file showing my configuration in Launchbox for the PS1.

setup.png

yeah I'm pretty sure if a core doesn't work on a system it won't be available on the online updater so PCSXrearmed should work in Windows. I've personally never used it and I wonder how it performs on low spec systems that could never hope to push the mednafen core