LaunchBox Community Forums

Downloading images

jayjay

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Im trying to download clear logo's. What I do is...

Highlight all roms for 1 system. Then use download meta and media. I choose just clear logo's in both LB and emumovies but nothing gets downloaded.

But If I go through the roms 1 by 1 and use the download images through the edit menu, then it finds the logo's. Its become tedious enough for me to ask if anyone as any suggestions?

Yeah.

Im working on game boy advanced. I removed all my clear logo images from GBA directory and tried again but same thing happens, doesnt find anything.

I also tried deleting the system, importing them again. I DIDN'T try to download the images through the import wizard. I tried highlighting all and use  download meta and media under the tools tab.

Dont suppose you can try it to see if its just me? 

Yeah its only gba. Nds and sega cd are downloading fine. Maybe its something iv done.

I have just used the import wizard to download gba and they downloaded fine. None missing by the looks of it.

Edit: oh ok, not something iv done then. Makes a nice change.

Edited by jayjay

I was searching for a gameboy advance clear logo pack here (missing about 200 :( ) and I came across this:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/38957-clear-logos-scraping-issue/?tab=comments#comment-243769

I created a thread about this almost a year ago lol. Almost the same wording as well. Unless it was fixed since my last posts above, the way to download the images is to select "get information from launchbox" and also "force replace meta and media". Might not be a good idea to do it this way if meta and media have been added manually. 

Edited by jayjay

This is working properly for me when checking the right boxes. It's important to keep in mind that nothing will be downloaded from the LaunchBox Games Database if "Search for game information from the LaunchBox Games Database" isn't checked.

Here's what I did to test:

1. Cleared out all my images for Atari 2600
  2. Started the Download Metadata and Media wizard
  3. Made sure the box was checked to "Search for game information from the LaunchBox Games Database"
  4. Checked the Clear Logo image type and unchecked all others
  5. Left everything for EmuMovies unchecked
  6. Clicked "Yes, but do not replace any existing fields or media"
  7. Clicked Finish

It then proceeded to download clear logos for everything, as it should. Let me know if I'm missing something.

• Like 1