LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch (Player 2) Xbox One Controller problem:

Maximilium

RetroArch (Player 2) Xbox One Controller problem:

Question: I set up many systems on RetroArch, both of my controllers (Xbox One Wired) are recognized and work, my problem is that I can use Player #1 Controller Analog Stick or D Pad, but on player #2 Controller all buttons work but I cannot use the left analog stick.

Same problems different systems (SNES, CP1, CP2, MAME2014, FB Alpha)

Any suggestion on where to look or how to fix this issue?

Edited by Maximilium

Thanks for the reply.

I got it fix, still don’t know exactly the correct solution..

I deleted and reinstall the autoconfig files for xInput folder… didn’t fix the problem.

I deleted platform custom config after I had to re-do the platform set up an assign controllers (Input) section, that didn’t fix the problem.

But when I went to Quick Menu / Controls and assigned (Controller - Retropad) + (Type - Left Analog) for each player and saved… the 2 player analog stick started to work after.

Since I do not know exactly what setting is the root cause of this problem, I end up deleting all my platforms configuration files one by one and start over again to get both controllers to work properly.

On 2/10/2018 at 12:37 AM, Maximilium said:

But when I went to Quick Menu / Controls and assigned (Controller - Retropad) + (Type - Left Analog) for each player and saved… the 2 player analog stick started to work after.

Just a follow up, this is the solution. For older systems that only used a Dpad on the native controller, RA needs to know that you want to use a joystick to simulate the D pad, and thats what this option does. It sounds like you might have also had some configuration overrides messing with the setting, but this is the setting you needed.

Glad you got it fixed.

Thanks.

So far I got all my platforms from Retoarch working OK until I started to set up MAME games... I have 2 Xbox One Wired controllers and it became a 3 day project trying to set up configurations for different games, at the end I switch to Arcade64 as my emulator for MAME roms and edited the Default.cfg file to remap my Xbox controllers Xinput and X-Arcade set up... So far everything is working.

Adding this 2 lines to the default.cfg for MAME (0.180 and above) was all I need to do fix my USB controller issues with MAME.
<mapdevice device="XInput Player 1" controller="JOYCODE_1" />
<mapdevice device="XInput Player 2" controller="JOYCODE_2" />

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem. 2 controllers ASUS tv500bg. With ASUS driver, Windows recognises them as xbox controllers, and retroarch as xinput. Both analogs work perfectly with psx/n64/arcade. However,  in older systems (nes/snes/ms/md/a2600) only user 1 can use the analog to digital option. On user 2 that option makes no difference, the analog never works on the second controller. I made a fresh install of the latest version of retroarch this morning, left it with factory settings. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, fabrisiq said:

I have a similar problem. 2 controllers ASUS tv500bg. With ASUS driver, Windows recognises them as xbox controllers, and retroarch as xinput. Both analogs work perfectly with psx/n64/arcade. However,  in older systems (nes/snes/ms/md/a2600) only user 1 can use the analog to digital option. On user 2 that option makes no difference, the analog never works on the second controller. I made a fresh install of the latest version of retroarch this morning, left it with factory settings. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

You can also map the buttons manually by going to quick menu/controls and then save the new mapping per core/game/directory