LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box/Plex/Kodi for Movies??

GuroDragon

I have been tinkering with Kodi for the past few days and I find even renaming films/shows with Filebot and matching it with the same scraper on Kodi still dosn't always work. To further the nightmare correctly name movie/shows that are not in a database don't add without custom info files.

Its all a big tinkering job that is very time consuming. As someone who has what appears to be 100s of obscure movies I do not want to build hundreds of info files.

I am looking for a Frontend/Mediaplayer that will just let me dump videos scraped and unscraped and just find what it can with info I can edit if wanted.

How well has Launchbox and its scraper worked for those of you using it to store video?

What has been your solution for movies/shows?

11 hours ago, DOS76 said:

some one made a plugin for videos at one point but LB only does games by default.

I know about the plugin and saw people saying they use retroarch for playing video.

I actually found a plugin for Kodi called plexkodiconnect, it auto populates the data/info from Plex.

Just use the management system in Plex as it just adds everything and lets you tweak.

5 minutes ago, GuroDragon said:

I know about the plugin and saw people saying they use retroarch for playing video.

I actually found a plugin for Kodi called plexkodiconnect, it auto populates the data/info from Plex.

Just use the management system in Plex as it just adds everything and lets you tweak.

Yeah plexkodiconnect works well, plex also have a official addon for kodi now which when loaded gives you the plex media player interface inside of kodi, so the best of both worlds, all the addons kodi supports plus plex and its interface inside one program.

As to the kodi scraper not matching, as long as you are using the correct naming format it works just fine, I have only ever had a couple of movies it incorrectly matched, in that case you press "I" on it and go to refresh and it will give you a list of titles and the correct one is always in the list in my experience. For movies the format should be, Name Of Movie (year) and tv shows should be, name of show s01e01 name of episode. Filebot has a few different naming schemes but those are what you should use.

8 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah plexkodiconnect works well, plex also have a official addon for kodi now which when loaded gives you the plex media player interface inside of kodi, so the best of both worlds, all the addons kodi supports plus plex and its interface inside one program.

As to the kodi scraper not matching, as long as you are using the correct naming format it works just fine, I have only ever had a couple of movies it incorrectly matched, in that case you press "I" on it and go to refresh and it will give you a list of titles and the correct one is always in the list in my experience. For movies the format should be, Name Of Movie (year) and tv shows should be, name of show s01e01 name of episode. Filebot has a few different naming schemes but those are what you should use.

I might pay to use the official Kodi addon.

Thanks for the tip, I find using both together makes it work pretty well. I am using the correct file structure but it still hiccuped on me a lot , Plex seems to fix this and add things with no entry in the database.

Just now, GuroDragon said:

I might pay to use the official Kodi addon.

Thanks for the tip, I find using both together makes it work pretty well. I am using the correct file structure but it still hiccuped on me a lot , Plex seems to fix this and add things with no entry in the database.

The kodi addon is now free to all.

• Thanks 1