LaunchBox Community Forums

v8.0-beta 9 Crashes When Opening

The Papaw

31 minutes ago, Goldug said:

No, I'm on Windows 10 v.1703 build 15063.877.

Hmm, isn't the latest release version of Windows 10 v.1709 build 16299.192?  Maybe that's the issue, if windows isn't up to date, maybe a needed file for LB/BB (.net maybe?) is also out of date and causing the crash?

Edited by CDBlue

9 minutes ago, CDBlue said:

Hmm, isn't the latest release version of Windows 10 v.1709 build 16299.192?  Maybe that's the issue, if windows isn't up to date, maybe a needed file for LB/BB (.net maybe?) is also out of date and causing the crash?

I really doubt that's the issue since .net has nothing to do really with what version of Windows 10 you're using.
However, I've tried updating to the latest Windows build with no luck. I've done everything except a complete re-install and it still won't work. I've even been in contact with Microsoft who can't figure out what the h* is going on...

17 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 10 is out now guys; please let me know if it fixes it for you. If you're unable to update it normally because of the crashes, you can download the latest beta from the link below and manually install over top:

Yep, seems to work now. It took a long time getting through initializing though, even though it didn't seem to use any disk activity or cpu really, just 18mb ram. What was the fix? I'm really curious. If you don't want to share that info with us, that's okay :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goldug said:

Yep, seems to work now. It took a long time getting through initializing though, even though it didn't seem to use any disk activity or cpu really, just 18mb ram. What was the fix? I'm really curious. If you don't want to share that info with us, that's okay :)

Good deal. The initializing process is the portion that extracts files; it's normal for that portion of the process to be much longer on the first launch after an update.

The issue was caused by a glitch in the latest version of our deployment system, believe it or not. It had nothing to do with the LaunchBox code lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The issue was caused by a glitch in the latest version of our deployment system, believe it or not. It had nothing to do with the LaunchBox code lol.

Haha, yeah those things happen sometimes I guess :P

Some more good news: I can finally import my Steam games! :D

Edited by Goldug
  • Like 2