LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Crashing 8.1

latin625

Hi,

I cleared out all the images caches on launchbox and now I get this error when I try to move through the games list in LB or Bigbox. Any ideas?  Tried to system restore but the error and crash are still there.  :(

Untitled.png

Edited by latin625

looks like LB is installed to the Windows user's profile named "hyperspin".

is it possible you are not logged in as user "hyperspin"?

Edit: see if you can access the last folder in that path. It will probably say access denied. you might want to install LB to something like c:\Launchbox instead.

Edited by ckp

Nah.  I checked all the permissions on the security tab, looked fine.  Just said, to hell with it....  Rebuilding now and moving over assets to the new folder on and external drive off the C drive.  Needed to do some cleaning anyways, that c drive LB folder assets where scattered across three drives.  I saw someone else on the board have the same issue about 2 yrs back, they tried everything and nothing worked except a rebuild.  Thank goodness I have all my emulators and control settings going through Rocketlauncher, so it isn't that big of a deal.

Edited by latin625