LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES won't load in Launchbox with RetroArch

FakedPotato

I'm unable to get SNES games to load.

Ive went into associated platforms and the Emulator name matches the Associated platform name, have went into retroarch itself and tested a snes core and it worked, I downloaded all cores, not sure if that matters or not.

All other systems work fine with retroarch though!

• Like 1

Double check the command line for the core it is loading in Launchbox manage emulators. Many times we have noticed something spelled wrong or something missing. If all looks right to you share pics of the manage emulators screen showing the emulator details tab and the associated platforms tab. Also go to a game and right click, edit then share a pic showing the launcher and emulation tabs there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, FakedPotato said:

Sorry for the late reply. Been a very busy week with work. Heres a screenshot with SNES highlighted in associated platforms and the manage emulators screen. Ive tried beetle and mednafen and both still dont launch SNES through launchbox. Anything missing maybe?

d.png

Untitledf.png

There is no such core as beetle_bsnes_libretro.dll you probably just want bsnes_libretro.dll If you go to your Retroarch/Cores folder all the cores will be in there with the actual name you need to use, what it says in retroarch is not always the same as the actual core name.

In this picture I have highlighted some of my snes cores, I think the one you are trying to use is the bottom one mednafen_snes_libretro.dll. It is named as beetle in retroarch, but the actual core is named differently.5aae60a53aaaf_Screenshot(397).thumb.png.7f2be482461e64731075dde08ff7a0bb.png