LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox on secondary screen

AlexTenThousand

I've been using the free version of LaunchBox for a year and a half now, and while I love it, I've ran in a small problem.

I run a dual monitor setup, but whenever I try to maximize the window of LaunchBox, it covers up the Windows Task Bar and goes beyond the boundaries of the screen, in the way the screenshot attached shows. Pressing F11 only puts Launchbox in the fullscreen mode in the primary screen, sadly.

LaunchBox.PNG

Hmm totally guessing here, but it looks like you have your images for the box art set very high.  I'm wondering if that's somehow causing a bug when you go into full screen mode that it somehow messing up display.  Can you try lowering the size of the images of your box art, then try going into full screen mode again and see if that makes any difference.  Totally a shot in the dark here, but it's something that looks out of place seeing that box are super huge like that so I thought maybe it might be related :)

1 minute ago, CDBlue said:

Hmm totally guessing here, but it looks like you have your images for the box art set very high.  I'm wondering if that's somehow causing a bug when you go into full screen mode that it somehow messing up display.  Can you try lowering the size of the images of your box art, then try going into full screen mode again and see if that makes any difference.  Totally a shot in the dark here, but it's something that looks out of place seeing that box are super huge like that so I thought maybe it might be related :)

Nope, set the image size to minimum, the same bug occurs. 

K, I figured it was not this but thought I might suggest it to try.  Sorry, I don't have dual monitors on any of my PC's at the moment so I can't test it out to help further than what I suggested.  Are you by chance using higher than default/suggested scaling on the 2nd monitor.  Perhaps it's a scaling issue that's causing it?  If you are using something other than the default scaling on the next monitor maybe try putting it to the default/suggested scaling then trying to see if it goes full screen properly.  Other than those two suggestions I'm not sure what else might be causing the problem at this point.  Maybe someone else will come along with suggestions or know what's causing this (if this last try doesn't fix it that is).

Crap, sorry neither of those two suggestions worked. Not having dual monitor system setup to try and replicate it I don't know what else might be causing it.  Perhaps someone else on the board will know what's causing it and how to fix it.

Are your drivers update? I have two machines one with a dual monitor and another with a triple and in each set up the monitors are all set to their recommended resolutions and have no issues with LB displaying correctly. I am not an expert in this area just sharing that it should work as you would expect. On my dual monitor one I had this issue but when I upgraded the GPU and then upgraded of course the drivers to go along I no longer had the issue. 

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Are your drivers update? I have two machines one with a dual monitor and another with a triple and in each set up the monitors are all set to their recommended resolutions and have no issues with LB displaying correctly. I am not an expert in this area just sharing that it should work as you would expect. On my dual monitor one I had this issue but when I upgraded the GPU and then upgraded of course the drivers to go along I no longer had the issue. 

I use a 2012 laptop, and AMD isn't exactly know for updating drivers for laptops sadly.

are you on Windows 10? If so try going to the LB.exe right click it go to properties in the compatibility tab and try 1st clicking the box to override High DPI scaling if that doesn't work try checking to turn off full screen optimization don't know if they will work but they seem to be my go to for issues and work for me