LaunchBox Community Forums

Demul only loads one game

FakedPotato

2 issues with Demul,

1. With all the Dreamcast games i have, demul only runs Sega Bass fishing. Everytime I go to change a game in GDROM and hit Load Dreamcast, it continues to only load that game. Any idea why?

2. I tried adding Demul in Launchbox, checked No spaces box, put %l -run=dc -image=%r  in the Default command line parameters, then Demul doesnt load the game when hitting a game through LB.

The exact same problem as Yabuse for Saturn, it only pops up the application, doesnt run any game. I would go to retroarch, but time and time again Ive changed out the bios, tried different games and

retroarch refuses to load either saturn or dreamcast, I feel lost :(

Thanks for any help you might be, this has been pretty frustrating.

4 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

what gdrom plugin are you using

yeah I forgot the - in -run=dc -image= thanks for setting me straight Neil

Here's all my plugins being used.

Adding the - did the trick and got the games to load ( Thank you ) But still, Demul is only loading Sega bass fishing.

gf.png

5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Also try reinstalling it and launching a game of there than bass fishing 1st and see if that changes anything

Just did. Selected Sonic Adventure 2 and went straight to Sega bass fishing. So odd. Hopefully Emutalk can help. I put you as a referral when signing up

I have them sorted by size.

I extracted all the zipped games at once and i am now noticing that its all GDI 1 kb files on top and on the bottom is about 50 files that are Bin files, not as many bin files as there is GDI files. Interesting...

Gonna make a new folder, regain the zips for the games and re extract them one at a time and see if thats where the error lies...

Deleted my roms folder.

went into my trash folder, regained my zips of the games I deleted.

Extracted each zip into its seperate folder, instead of what i originally did, which was extract all games into one folder.

Problem was, was winrar asked me to overwrite files with the same name, I hit yes to all, since all zips has the same name track 1 2 and 3.

Once I extracted all games into their own folders, everything works perfectly, and winrar didnt prompt me to overwrite files with the same content names.

Silly me.

Untitled.png

Edited by FakedPotato