LaunchBox Community Forums

Release Date

Hod

Is there a way to limit the release date information to just a month/year or just year?

There's a lot of games, especially older ones, that I'm struggling to find the exact release date for, so I've got a load of titles being released on January 1st.

Apologies if I'm being a bit dim on this, or this question has already been asked.

10 hours ago, Hod said:

OK, now I'm being extremely thick, as I'm not seeing that option at all, either when editing or adding a game.

That screen cap he posted is for the Game DB website. It is not from within Launchbox. Launchbox does not give you the option for just year only when it comes to the game's metadata.  

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That screen cap he posted is for the Game DB website. It is not from within Launchbox. Launchbox does not give you the option for just year only when it comes to the game's metadata.  

Bum. So we're constrained to the DD/MM/YYYY format? 

Shame. Thanks anyway.

• 10 months later...

Sorry for bringing up this old topic, but I would like to request this feature as well. The reason for that is very simple, there are thousands of games from the 90s and 80s out there with uncertain release date. Nobody knows for sure when exactly they were released, except the year. Forcing Launchbox users to use a random date that is simple wrong isn't useful at all (and it doesn't look nice too).

The better way is to implement a simple (Premium) feature (at least for BigBox) that give the user the choice to switch from a DD/MM/YYYY format to a "Year only" format.

This would be such an important feature for me that I would renew my licence instantaneous! And I believe a LOT of people would appreciate it as well.
So please @Jason Carr consider implementing this neat little feature for us :)

Edited by Khaar

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This would be great for me, personally.  I am adding a "Platform" that is really a text adventure interpreter, so adding it to the games database this way would be incorrect.

But I still want to put in years for the games with unknown release dates.

Just my two cents

• 10 months later...

I know it's a small thing, but this is something I've always wished I could do. Having to choose between simply leaving the date blank or having a slightly incorrect one has always bothered me, so being able to put just the year or just the year+month is probably the #1 thing I'd like to see added to LaunchBox next.

• 10 months later...