LaunchBox Community Forums

what file syncing software do you use?

DerHof2007

Freesync never worked for me. Tried it a few years ago and actually just a few hours ago before I saw this post.
Does did a clean install of windows 7 and thought I'd try it again but same issue.
When running in 'Echo' mode... which is what I would use 99% of the time...
It does not sync deletes. It will copy new files from my left to right folder but wont replicate deletions.
Some searching reveals that this has been a very common issue since day one but MS never seemed to care.
Why is works for some and not others is a mystery.

5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

FreeFileSync isn't a MS product so if it doesn't work correctly how is that their concern? MS does offer a tool called ToySync but I don't have any experience using it so can't comment on its performance.

That's a damn good question buddy!!!

Because I was mixing up my software! LOL.... Sorry, SyncToy is what is giving me troubles...

Freefilesync was on my radar of options to try so I guess that is what mixed me up.
I will give that a shot later today.