LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox don't launch any game with retroarch

gaialily

Hi,

First I want to apologize for my bad english, I'm french so it's a little difficult for me.

But you're my only solution.

I can't launch any game in launchbox with retroarch. I watched and read all the tuto and I think that all is OK, but no game start.

However gamecube game with dolphin emulator work, so it's a problem with retroarch.

But I configured everything well in retroarch, game launch and work perfectly, in all emulators. I tried genesis, snes, nes, atari 2600.

And in launchbox when I click "open retroarch", retroarch launch, IT WORKS, BUT launchbox don't want to launch a game, why ?

Here is my setup : Laptop windows 10 x64, 8go ram, I7

f918.png

qiof.png

v5ct.png

Please help me, I tried everything I could. I don't touch command line although, but I thought we don't have to.

The cores correspond in launchbox and in retroarch so it should work.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by gaialily

Do your platform names match those in the Associated Platforms window of your Retroarch emulator in Launchbox ?

Here is a quick tutorial I did for setting up Retroarch with Launchbox, I show some of the main problems to watch out for. I use the NES as an example but the same principals apply with all the different platforms and cores.

Yes all is corresponding. Here is another pics.

af77.png

In retroarch I have juste configured joystick, and remap some controlls.

Though in retroarch when I want to launch a game, for exemple genesis game, It ask me which core I want to use, all the time, It not detects the core he needs alone. I don't know if it's normal and if it changes something.

Edited by gaialily

Hmm, everything you are showing appears to be correct.

Where are your roms located ? What is the full path to the folder with them ? Sometimes if they are really deep the path can be too long for Windows and it will break command line functionality. I don't believe that is there issue here, looking at your folder structure it looks like you have your stuff organized in a sensible manner.

Unfortunately for me right now it is almost 4:30 am so I have to head to bed but I have passed this thread along to the other moderators and hopefully they can get you sorted out. I will check back in tomorrow.

My roms path is : D:\gael\émulateurs\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Genesis

And retroarch here : D:\gael\émulateurs\LaunchBox\Emulators\retroarch

So I don't think it's too deep ?

Thank you for your help. Have a good night, Hope I could resolve this, I really want to use launchbox.

I've got just another problem now, I want to launch Arcade game in launchbox with retroarch. But there isn't system for arcade, which must I take ? I scrapped with arcade, but I have to add another line in associated plateform to work ?

It's not working for now.

Edit : Ok I succedeed. I create new emulator "arcade" with the .exe retroarch, and I add only one line in associated plateform, with the core I wanted.

When we know how to do, it's very easy.

One last question. To use theme in launchbox, we have to purchase premium with big box, right ? I heard that sometimes you offer key for free, or with a very good deal. When that happen, it's on the web site ? Or on facebook ?

And if we install big box, do we have to all reset our installation of roms, etc ? Or it keep all ?

Thanks

Edited by gaialily

There are occasional giveaways and sales promotions usually around the holidays in December. They are announced on the web site and possible the YouTube channel but I'm not sure about Facebook really. If you update to premium the BigBox exe will just work with your current setup there is no need to start over.

7 hours ago, gaialily said:

Edit : Ok I succedeed. I create new emulator "arcade" with the .exe retroarch, and I add only one line in associated plateform, with the core I wanted.

When we know how to do, it's very easy.

You don't need to create a new emulator entry, all you had to do was add the Arcade platform and command line parameter to load the core you want for it in the Associated Platforms window of your already existing Retroarch entry.