LaunchBox Community Forums

platform categories keep returning after deletion

Bob Benson

How are you trying to delete them?

The best way is to close Launchbox (make sure it is closed or it will not work) and the go to your \Launchbox\Data\Playlist folder and delete the .xml files for those playlists. Then when you reopen Launchbox it should be gone. 

The only platform xml files I see in that folder are for the platforms I intentionally added like Arcade, Windows, various consoles etc.

The unwanted platforms I don't want that were automatically added and keep re appearing are Capcom, Williams, Nintendo Classics etc.

These are platforms pretty much by developer that automatically started appearing a few versions ago.

I keep manually deleting them but they reappear after a few days.

I attached a screenshot to illustrate what I am referring to.

example.PNG

you can also right click any one of those unwanted platforms go to edit and check the box or uncheck not sure which it is and don't include it in the platform list then they won't be deleted but you will only see them if you use playlist in the sidebar instead of platforms.