LaunchBox Community Forums

Help me find a game

Mr. RetroLust

Hi all,

I have found back almost every game that I played when I was younger but there still are 2 games that I can't seem to find, hopefully you can help me find them.

1. On the Commodore 16. A friend of mine had a game we played a lot, I don't know if it was an unlicensed game or not. I remember it had something of a blueish cassette cover with some sort of cute character on the cover, the character was pink or yellow I think and I think it was a bath-duck or something but it could be a worm or something as well lol, if I see the cover I'll recognize it in an instant. Same goes for the gameplay, it was some sort of pac-man clone I think but it wasn't pac-man. It was maze-like and if I remember correctly it had pickups like fruit as well, I guess it had cherries and watermelons but I'm not sure. Blue and yellow colors where also present in the game field I think. As you see it's a very faded memory, hell it's been about 35 years back lol. Edit: Something comes to mind that the character or something else could explode or something like that, I'm not a 100% sure about this but maybe it helps. Sorry for all the vague-ness.

2. MS-Dos or beyond, it was on microsoft is all I know. I only played it once but was really impressed with this game, all I can remember is that you controlled a ship on an ocean, I don't know for sure but I think it had an ancient samurai-like theme and I think the main thing I liked about this exploration game was the spooky and mystical vibe it had, could have been in japanese but I'm not sure. Spooky asian (could have been samurai) environment ship exploration game is all that comes to mind.

Thank you for any help it would mean a lot to me if I could see or play these once again :)

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

41 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

1. squirm ? image.png.f4de395d194d02928d334f4d9d5d09a3.png

Thank you for thinking about this, this is not the game i'm sad to say. I think I have to find a database with all the covers to be able to find it, I just found a website but sadly they are only game screens in the browser, I'm gonna check em out one by one, will let you know if I find it :D http://plus4world.powweb.com/games.php?l=0&cols=&icons=

I think I might have mixed my fragmented memories of bombs, yellow, blue, fruit and a cute character lol The fruit one could have been 'Tutti Frutti' but it doesn't give a memory spark that much. This the one I ment for bombs but now I think there is still another one with the fruit and the cute character, I really loved this one that's for sure, later on I loved the hell out of all the bomber man games as well which I didn't knew anything about in '85 still.

btw They DO have a front cover browser on that website see link: http://plus4world.powweb.com/covers and click on the letters for more covers in case you're on a nostalgic quest yourself.

Dork's Dilemma it is, amazing game! (to me that was)

dorks_dilemma.jpg

Really liked Fire-Ant as well, nice game and still very playable this day imo:

fire_ant_single.jpg

I hope I can find that other c16 game, after this I really fear the msdos game quest, that one won't be easy.

Edited by Mr. RetroLust