LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing tools icon

kenaan

Both free and premium launchbox are missing the tools icon, so how can I add an emulator.  One time I got a pop-up for the beta version, and that did show the tools icon and I added MAME, but I don't see that any more.  I am using a Betson Imperial 27" CRT.

3 minutes ago, kenaan said:

Both free and premium launchbox are missing the tools icon, so how can I add an emulator.  One time I got a pop-up for the beta version, and that did show the tools icon and I added MAME, but I don't see that any more.  I am using a Betson Imperial 27" CRT.

Hi and welcome to the community. :) 

Well I have never heard of the tools menu not being there before, that is a first. Have you tried re-installing the latest version directly over the top of your current one?

• Like 1

I will try that, but I suspect there are issues with the GUI displaying properly on my CRT.  For example, the Search area at the top of the screen is overlaying part of Connect.  I wish the Files had more than just Exit, like also letting me choose Tools.

7 minutes ago, kenaan said:

I will try that, but I suspect there are issues with the GUI displaying properly on my CRT.  For example, the Search area at the top of the screen is overlaying part of Connect.  I wish the Files had more than just Exit, like also letting me choose Tools.

Yeah that could well be the issue, to be honest Launchbox is not designed for a crt, Bigbox can run on one with specific themes but Launchbox is a windows application and as such will rely on a higher resolution than a crt, like most windows programs I'm guessing. Do you have another system you could set everything up on then move the hard drive to the system using the crt?

1 minute ago, kenaan said:

No, I am going to have to stop using launchbox.  Bummer, since I just paid $20.00.

Could you plug the PC into a TV for setup? If not you can Email support@unbrokensoftware.com explain the situation and ask for a refund.