LaunchBox Community Forums

Multi-Filter

Pysassin

I've had Launchbox for a while now but am setting up a new computer with a far bigger library and was curious if there was a Multi-Filter in Launchbox (I generally do not use Big Box on this PC). What I mean is an ability to search by Platform AND Series AND Genre all at the same time. It didn't look like there was but wanted to confirm.

If the ability to do so isn't in the software is Launcbox modifiable or open-source in any fashion that I could code my own into it?

Not at this time. Multi-level filter was something voted on in the poll back in February and I think it made the cut. If it did, than it is something Jason will eventually get to. When, is undetermined at this time. He does have quite a bit going on. 

Yeah I never expected anyone to snap there fingers and make it happen if it wasn't already implemented.

Do you know is there any tools I can use to create it myself? Didn't know if Launchbox had any tools in it for customization of that level or if the source was open in any way to add it myself.

Thanks for the API link. Very helpful. Did not see anything in it that would explicitly add a UI item to the main screen though. If I am wrong and some one knows that it's possible I can do the grunt work of coding it just need a start point. I'm at work now and cannot check the DLLs but when I get home will see what I can't pick through that might not be in the docs.

Thanks @neil9000 and @Retro808 for the replies and help though.

• Like 1