LaunchBox Community Forums
somakarma

Ikaruga problems

Anyone have Ikaruga running on MAME? Getting wierd echoing sound and distorted (blue-yellow stripes) opening screen. I have the ROM and CHD in same folder, but not sure if i've missed something else. Does it run best in Retroarch -- if so, which core?

It's probably not too well emulated, when you start the game do you get a red or yellow info screen mentioning some stuff about its emulation ?

I would suggest grabbing the Gamecube version and running it through Dolphin.

6 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

It's probably not too well emulated, when you start the game do you get a red or yellow info screen mentioning some stuff about its emulation ?

I would suggest grabbing the Gamecube version and running it through Dolphin.

Yep something in red/white about ROM/CHD not being dumped properly, first time i've seen it. Will give it a blast via Dolphin instead if its near enough the arcade, thanks.

Yeah if you are getting a red message box expect major problems with the emulation. yellow boxes are less severe but  expect some problems.

The home ports of Ikaruga are essentially perfect, Dreamcast version is great but the Gamecube version has better quality emulation and the PC version is really great if you wanted to go that route.

Just seen it on Steam, and looks like its been on my wishlist for some time -- if i wasnt going through an emu obsession, i might consider it! Saw Ikaruga in an arcade last week, so thought i'd check it out anyway.

The Gamecube version is great and the emulation is extremely good so I would say go with that version and wait for the PC version on Steam to go on sale if you want that version.

• Like 1

Hi All,

There is also a taito x type 2 version of the game, but it is not a easy to configure as the NGC version.