LaunchBox Community Forums

Restoration Pac-Man & Chomp Chomp Bezel request Orion's Angel

Mr. RetroLust

Starting another restoration project by request for @Orionsangel the very very very rare Pac-Man & Chomp Chomp bezel art, i'll try to remake the marquees for both Sky Skipper and 'Chomp Chomp' later on as well.
This time I'll do the vectorizing by hand instead of mostly auto-tracing since the cartoony shapes are easier to recreate than let's say the Pyrus Bezel, this will be a total remake because of it and should be of higher quality as a result.

Progress so far, bezel outlines done.

Edit: All files deleted to not upset original artist since people try to make money from his work, sadly so.

Edited by Mr. RetroLust
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I wonder if it is 4 way joystick. The reason I never play Pac-Man is due to the control limitations of only having 8 way controls. Totally ruins the experience IMO.

I'm afraid I don't understand (maybe because of me being dutch :D) but Pac-Man is a 4 way game isn't it? I mean it does not use diagonals, or do you mean when forced to use an 8 way joystick it messes with the precision of D-pad controls? I switch to D-pad function with games like this.

17 hours ago, Dan said:

Hey Orionsangel, it's me, Dan, Retrochan your MAME bezel collaborator :) I agree with the above, LB Next is a definite step in the right direction!

16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you guys. Appreciate the positive feedback. :)

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Ps I don't have a lot of time to play the games but I just played Chomp Chomp and it's a great little game, quite addictive and more fun than the original IMHO, not easy though, thanks for pointing it out @Orionsangel :)

It's basically Pac & Pal , but they replaced a character with Chomp Chomp. 

49 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

yes it is 4 way and if you only have 8 way which dpads also are it makes playing the game with any precision vert difficult.

Ah okay, I don't find it hard to control much with the D-pad but it does feel a bit weird (but also typical for the series) in that it'll move forward automatically but with a bit of getting used to you'll adjust to it, if you want to take the time for it that is, it is quite a nice game though I do recommend it, maybe you'll want to try it out when @Orionsangel made a realistic bezel out of it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orionsangel said:

Are you a magician? That's freakin amazing! You're very talented! Thank you so much! It's looking so good it should go in the bezel archives.

Haha not a magician but just done it for a while, thanks bro very glad you like it, mission succeeded and something to give you back after all the work you've done for the community! :)

• Like 1

Last progress, next up is release of finished result. Added Chomp Chomp and by coincidence saw a super-pac bezel where the details above the heads of zapped ghosts where, I figured it where some cartoon expressions but they where score points. All that's left is the ghosts on the upper side and the credits text below. 

Edited by Mr. RetroLust
  • Like 1