LaunchBox Community Forums

Problems with simulated X360 controllers and Sega Genesis (Kega Fusion)

Chadmando

Hello. First a little background, I am using a program called "Wiinusoft", and what it does is it connects your wii remotes to the computer and outputs them as an X360 controllers. I am then connecting the wii remotes to the OEM controllers of whatever platform I am playing using adapters. BAM wireless OEM controllers.

For most emulators this works great. Kega Fusion however has been causing me some headaches.

If I "plug in" one x360 controller I can map the outputs fine no problem, as soon as I "plug In" two controllers, this is no longer the case and no button presses from either controller is read by Kega.

Please help! I am in the final stages of completion of my little emulator station... until I decide to add more lol.

On 6/3/2018 at 11:49 AM, damageinc86 said:

Do you use mednafen for anything?  I wonder if that might recognize inputs better, as it does on any controller i've ever had, and does all the sega consoles besides dreamcast.

I never used this before due to how difficult it was to set up, after reading your reply I started to play around with the config file for a few days the emulator is working exactly like I need it to. Thanks!

23 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Having given Mednafen a try for Genesis I have to say i'd suggest using Mame or Retroarch and the Genesis GX core over it.

I would really really like to use retroarch but I can't get it to work with my controller set up. I want to be able to load up either a X360 or Xbox one control scheme from the launchbox menu. So I tried saving two of the same core with different filenames with different control schemes, and no matter what I do I have to enter the controller config and do it manually anytime I try to switch controllers.

What I've done with Mednafen is create two Mednafen directories with their own executable, and make them share the same folders through the config file (for save files, snap shots, etc). The only difference between the two is their controller config. Then within launchbox I choose one or the other for my controller of choice.