LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about Launchbox and Net Framework.

ModerateNOOB

Hi everyone and good evening from Denmark.

Ok ok i know this might be a very stupid question, But is it possible to use Launchbox or lunchbox as i prefer calling it without net framework 4.7 ?.

Reason i ask is that when i updated Windows 10 to the latest version it somehow broke my already installed pc games (Some of them with a lot of mods).

I think there's a bug in the latest windows update that causes driver issues with the cpu and gpu, If i let the games auto-detect my hardware it will only set it to medium settings, And before the update all of them was automatically set on the highest settings.

I can't even play a simple game like The elder scrolls IV without it lagging badly, I can of course fix it by manually controlling them through the nvidia control panel but makes my cpu and gpu go totally bonkers.

If i roll back the update i think it will go alllll the way back to version 1600 (Had their updates blocked with policy group editor for 3 years).

Only reason i updated was because of Launchbox.

5 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

No, .NET 4.7 isn't a fall creators update only thing, it will install on Windows 7 and 8 as well and should install on any version of Windows 10.

That's strange.

Windows 10 refused to install Frame Network 4.7 before i updated, I got the message that it wasn't supported. After the update i had no problems?????.

8 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

I guess it's possible you need to be on a more up to date version of Windows 10 to install .NET 4.7 but I don't know for certain. I'm on build 1709 and it's working great.

I envy you, For god's sake don't update to version 1803 (It's terrible)

If i roll back it will be version 1500 or something.

So if i'm going to play pc games i could just roll back, And when i need to use launchbox i'll just update again.

yeah older versions of Windows 10 didn't not get patched to except 4.7 (that is how the make them obsolete and force you to update) I believe you have to have at least 1703 but it may even require 1709. I'm also on 1803 (and actually past that due to insider preview) and I haven't had any issues.

7 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Im on 1803, and I have had zero issues with games. Everything runs just as it should.

I wish i could say the same.

But it seems the new version breaks things for some, And others have no issues.

If you go to the Nvidia forums or microsoft community, You will see a lot of users having problems with 1803.

All i can say is that before the update everything related to gaming worked as it should, After the update i started having the BSOD ocasionally + like i described these weird driver issues related to my gpu and cpu.

Also if you had a issue with 1803 that doesn't make it terrible as you are one user. Even those on the Nvidia forums are a small portion of the user base. If it was a major issue it would effect millions of user and there would be hordes of internet users wielding their virtual pitchfork. Sometimes the updates cause conflicts with programs and the software provider has to update something to make it work with Windows or you may need to look at updating a driver or two. Sometimes things get corrupted in the update and you can roll back and next time you update the install will be smooth and the problem goes away. Saying an update is terrible because it effected your system in a negative way I guess is understandable because at the end of the day it only matters on how it runs on your computer but it also doesn't represent the truth of the situation in the whole.

7 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Also if you had a issue with 1803 that doesn't make it terrible as you are one user. Even those on the Nvidia forums are a small portion of the user base. If it was a major issue it would effect millions of user and there would be hordes of internet users wielding their virtual pitchfork. Sometimes the updates cause conflicts with programs and the software provider has to update something to make it work with Windows or you may need to look at updating a driver or two. Sometimes things get corrupted in the update and you can roll back and next time you update the install will be smooth and the problem goes away. Saying an update is terrible because it effected your system in a negative way I guess is understandable because at the end of the day it only matters on how it runs on your computer but it also doesn't represent the truth of the situation in the whole.

Hey hey easy now, I'm just expressing my own opinion on the newest update.

Of course i installed and reinstalled all my drivers on devicemanager and grabbed the newest from Nvidia's website + spending countless of hours trying to fix my issues.

But the newest version still breaks thing's for some, I like windows 10 and if i could choose my own version i would gladly update to 1703.

Our opinions are affected by what we experience.