LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame - Set path and use my Extras/Videos?

Avenger

I am confused.  In the tutorial it showed a helper tool called lightspeed where I could set the various extra and video paths if I already have the media.  That no longer seems to exist I guess.  I am importing roms now and scraping against launchpad' servers.  Will I be able to somehow later use my mame extras by pointing to the specific drive paths?  Will these collide with what was already scraped by LaunchBox?  So do I have to delete the LaunchBox ones?  The things I have are like the snapshots, marquis, manuals, video snapshots, etc..  Thanks in advance for your help.

After you import you games you can edit your Arcade platform and point the folders to the MAME Extras appropriate paths if you wish to use them instead but you can't use both paths you could always move the extra folders into the appropriate LB folder and then just change the folder path in the MAME.ini file so it also uses your LB folders.

55 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

After you import you games you can edit your Arcade platform and point the folders to the MAME Extras appropriate paths if you wish to use them instead but you can't use both paths you could always move the extra folders into the appropriate LB folder and then just change the folder path in the MAME.ini file so it also uses your LB folders.

That reminds me. So what you do in LaunchBox doesn't edit the mame.ini file at all?  So everything has to be set up correctly to run mame in the ini file to begin with?  It's been a long time but I dealt with some mame frontends that assisted in setting up mame and it's ini.  LaunchBox seems to separate the tasks if I am not mistaken.