LaunchBox Community Forums

Force LB Update without clean install?

strigoimare

Heya,

I renewed my license for the second time a few days ago, but apparently my LB hasn't been able to fetch the 8.3 update, and is stuck using the 8.2 version. All "Update" checkboxes are ticked in the appropriate Settings section, but restarting the program doesn't prompt the updating as it should. The license was applied and recognized adequately by the program.

So, is there any way to force an update without having to resort to a clean install?

10 minutes ago, strigoimare said:

Heya,

I renewed my license for the second time a few days ago, but apparently my LB hasn't been able to fetch the 8.3 update, and is stuck using the 8.2 version. All "Update" checkboxes are ticked in the appropriate Settings section, but restarting the program doesn't prompt the updating as it should. The license was applied and recognized adequately by the program.

So, is there any way to force an update without having to resort to a clean install?

You probably have download in background checked, just leave it open and you will be prompted when the downloaded update is ready to install. Alternatively uncheck the download in background option then close and re-open to get the prompt. 

And if it does turn out to be a bigger issue and won't update you could try doing a clean install and then just copying your new exe files into your old build. I would suggest either renaming or backing up your old exe files in case it doesn't work though just to be safe.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

You probably have download in background checked, just leave it open and you will be prompted when the downloaded update is ready to install. Alternatively uncheck the download in background option then close and re-open to get the prompt. 

Yes, you are correct. But since it has been a few days without any updates, I decided to try you guys here.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that if nothing happens in the next 2 days,
@DOS76

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

If you go to Help/License Registration does it say that the license is activated?

Screenshot (140).png

Yes, license is activated and valid through mid 2019.

And... as we speak, the notification for the update has popped up. Sorry to bother you fine gents ?

• Haha 1