LaunchBox Community Forums

NEC Turbo Grafx

Coleman

I am importing Turbo Grafx Roms for the first time into launch box.
The import went ok, but now when i try to launch the games the launch is not responsive.
I can access other functions in Launch Box like editing the config for the game, but the play/launch commands do nothing.

I am using the current beta, but i dont think this is the problem as other games will launch fine - unless it has to do with a bug specific to importing a new system?

Anyway - if i drop the .zip into RetroArch via drag an drop the game will launch fine.
Just wont launch out of LaunchBox.

Launching other games out using RetroArch run fine just not the Turbo Grafx games...
Using the beetle core for RetroArch.

Any Suggestions?

So it seems that if i add a default command line parameter 

-L "cores\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll"

everything works...
Except for all of my other platforms that use RetroArch.

I tried to add it as an associated platform command line, but after i close the window it removes the text.
If i add it as a default command line parameter then everything works...

Your on to something Dos76!

If i rename my platform:

TurboGrafx-16

it works.
When i name it NEC Turbo Grafx-16 which is how my file structure is setup it does not.

Just now, Coleman said:

I don't understand why I cant add platform specific CL parameters

You should be able to, especially if you are using an older version, they are set in the Associated Platforms tab of the Edit Emulator window. The newer versions now have a dropdown menu where you select the core to load.

1 minute ago, Coleman said:

I dont understand why i have to match the platform names

Because this is how it works.

what version of LB are you using with 8.3 and maybe even 8.2 you don't type in the command line any longer for a specific platform you select if from a drop down menu. As to why you have to match the platform name its because it has to know what name to use if the associated platform has the wrong platform name when you are using your platform it won't associate them with each other hence the name platform association.

I am running 8.4 - beta 6
I can get to the associated platforms tab from multiple places.
When i enter the command it looks correct, but when I click ok and go back to the associated platform tab my command is erased.

Maybe a bug in the beta?

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

1980866099_2018-06-2422_59_08-NECTurboGrafx-Troubleshooting-LaunchBoxCommunityForums.thumb.png.f2db4206600680406ae69c8d864abf3e.pngWhy is there "No Drop down - just ty..." in the extra command line parameters box ?

I typed this here to show what i was trying to do.

If i type the -L command here it erases whatever i type once the window is closed.

Its interesting - I can launch my rom with the wrong associated platform name if i add the CL to the global setting, but it seems that i cant add a -L command to the associated platform additional commands which i think would allow me to name the platform however i want and launch with a custom command line argument.