LaunchBox Community Forums

CabVol: control volume with your spinner,trackball,joysticks,button

SupaGrova

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this has been mentioned here or not. CabVol is software that helps control the wav volume on your pc. Here's how the software developer describes it:

...I threw together a small application which allows you to set a hotkey which, when held down, allows you to control your windows wave output volume using a mouse device (spinner, trackball) and/or keyboard device (joysticks/buttons connected to a keyboard interface such as IPAC or keywiz).  Basically you can set it up to control cabinet volume using only arcade controls.  It only works on NT/2000/XP/Vista and it requires the .NET 2.0 framework which you can download from microsoft.  There are a bunch of apps like this out there, but the ones I've tried are not very cabinet friendly (requires use of the mouse scroll wheel, special 'windows' key, etc).  I hope someone gets some use out of it.

Links:NT/2000/XP (this build does NOT work with Windows 7 and higher):
NT|2000|XP

Windows 7 (ONLY works with Vista/Win7/Win8 and higher):
Windows Vista +

Forum: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,69901.0.html

Hope someone finds this helpful! It works great on my cab!

Edited by SupaGrova

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's a fix to launch CabVol minimized to system tray if you have shelled bigbox.exe or any other frontend. This will work without explorer.exe running.

1- Create a shortcut of CabVol.exe

2- Create a .bat file with this code

%comspec% /c start "" /min "C:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\CabVol\CabVol.lnk"

3- Create a .vbs file with this code

Dim WinScriptHost
Set WinScriptHost = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WinScriptHost.Run Chr(34) & "C:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\CabVol\CabVol.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WinScriptHost = Nothing

4- Create an automated task in the Windows Task Scheduler to run your .vbs script.

This is the only way to get CabVol launching minimized to system tray from the task scheduler.
Task Scheduler doesn't let you launch a shortcut ".lnk" file with the minimized option.
Task Scheduler doesn't hide a cmd prompt in case you're asking why the .vbx script file.

Hope this helps someone out there, I've spent few hours on that one!

• Like 1