LaunchBox Community Forums

rocketblinky with launchbox

rtavani

• 1 year later...

@kmoney - So glad you tried. I recently installed Ledblinky on my pc/launchbox machine and am not looking forward to the animation setup. Found Rocketblinky and have been asking around whether or not it would work on pc/launchbox. Can you tell me whether or not I can follow the instructions as given on arcadecontrols.com? Is there anything different with setup for launchbox in comparison to the hyperspin instructions I should watch out for?

@playab0yyy Yes you can follow the instructions on arcadecontrols.com for Launchbox. The only real difference when setting up Led Blinky is choosing LaunchBox instead of Hyperspin in the frontend tab inside of the led blinky menu as each frontend has a few different options to pick from and of course enabling led blinky in Launchbox options menu.

4 minutes ago, kmoney said:

@playab0yyy Yes you can follow the instructions on arcadecontrols.com for Launchbox. The only real difference when setting up Led Blinky is choosing LaunchBox instead of Hyperspin in the frontend tab inside of the led blinky menu as each frontend has a few different options to pick from and of course enabling led blinky in Launchbox options menu.

@kmoney Got it. Thanks! One more question (for now lol). I’ve realized LEDBlinky comes with a “Colors.ini” file that apparently sets game-specific control colors “supporting over 1,200 roms...”. Does that mean LEDBlinky is now providing what Rocketblinky was made to provide?

3 hours ago, playab0yyy said:

@kmoney Got it. Thanks! One more question (for now lol). I’ve realized LEDBlinky comes with a “Colors.ini” file that apparently sets game-specific control colors “supporting over 1,200 roms...”. Does that mean LEDBlinky is now providing what Rocketblinky was made to provide?

It has been awhile since I have messed with it but I believe the colors.ini file has been around for a while even before Rocketblinky. I believe Rocketblinky  just makes the setup process easier and more straight forward for the end user so the correct colors and buttons light up.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hi good day appropriate any help.

Have trail version of ledblinky for now and full version of Launchbox all working the way it should, but i cant seam to get Rocketblinky integrating with LEDBlinky. I start Rocketblinky   put in my controls and select Generate and it make the LEDBlinkycontrls.xml, I copy and replay the one in LEDBLinky Program folder restart LEDBlinky but it doesn't seem to be getting the info from LEDBlinkycontrols.xml. Light or not updated for game system controls and when i start LEDBlink Controls Editor no other emulators show up other then Default and mame. thanks for any help 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

Hoping someone can help out on this one. Have got LEDBlinky working pretty well with MAME through LB/BB.

Then came across RocketBlinky as a way to turbo charge the other emulators/platforms. Have I missed the boat to use this utility 'cos all I get is an error when I launch the .exe:

image.thumb.png.c9dffeaaccc56ba56f86df5c0496b70d.pngI have uninstalled/reinstalled all C++ redistribution packages - am running on Win 10 64 arch.

My other left-field thought was - if someone has already generated the files using Rocketblinky for LEDBlinky, could I just copy them into the relevant folder (even as a starting point - may have to edit a path or two, and I know the games/platform list will not be a complete match)

At this stage I'd take something that will get me 80% with LEDBlinky for my games library.

Thanks in advance