LaunchBox Community Forums

My Collection (1300 games w/fullscreen video preview)

After several months of organizing and fine-tuning, I am very satisfied with my final result and wanted to share it with fellow collectors! My current LaunchBox setup is:

• 1300 games, divided by top 100 games per system based on online review scores/sales numbers
  • Systems:
    • Arcade (using Final Burn Alpha and MAME)
    • Nintendo 64 (using Project64)
    • Nintendo DS (using DeSmuME)
    • Nintendo Entertainment System (using VirtuaNES)
    • Nintendo Game Boy Advance (using VisualBoyAdvance)
    • Nintendo GameCube (using Dolphin)
    • Nintendo Wii (using Dolphin)
    • PC Games (using Windows 10)
    • Sega Dreamcast (using nullDC)
    • Sega Genesis (using Kega Fusion)
    • Sony Playstation (using ePSXe)
    • Sony Playstation 2 (using PCSX2)
    • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (using Zsnes)
  • Hardware: Intel i7 7700 CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, Samsung 60 inch 4K TV, 2 Xbox One wireless controllers with wireless adapter

I chose the default theme with vertical scroll wheel on the left side, and full screen videos in the background. This way you can see gameplay and trailers for every game full screen and get a taste of what each game has to offer. Box art and details are also displayed but do not totally obscure the video in the background. It took me a while, but I created my own PC game box art and gameplay/trailer videos, as LaunchBox Games Database/EmuMovies does not have every title. Overall, I am very pleased with the results, and just love being able to play from such a large library of games all in one place on my sofa! Thanks LaunchBox! (also have Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, and Nintendo Switch to round out the collection ?)

Edited by Storm Samurai
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is my goal ? Great job!

Thanks for showing the cores you used and your PC stats. This should help me when I finally get around to adding consoles. I am still in the beginning phase and wrestling with MAME and getting its bezels and controls set up. Very time consuming since I am starting from scratch, with no experience. Almost done though, then I'll move to the older consoles and work my way up.

7 hours ago, ItchyRobot said:

This is my goal ? Great job!

Thanks for showing the cores you used and your PC stats. This should help me when I finally get around to adding consoles. I am still in the beginning phase and wrestling with MAME and getting its bezels and controls set up. Very time consuming since I am starting from scratch, with no experience. Almost done though, then I'll move to the older consoles and work my way up.

I haven't started yet...so you're ahead of me lol. However...I built an arcade a few years ago with..gulp.. HYPERSPIN. If I can get that up and running... Launchbox Should be super simple lol.

On 7/1/2018 at 2:49 PM, Storm Samurai said:

After several months of organizing and fine-tuning, I am very satisfied with my final result and wanted to share it with fellow collectors! My current LaunchBox setup is:

• 1300 games, divided by top 100 games per system based on online review scores/sales numbers
  • Systems:
  • Hardware: Intel i7 7700 CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, Samsung 60 inch 4K TV, 2 Xbox One wireless controllers with wireless adapter

I chose the default theme with vertical scroll wheel on the left side, and full screen videos in the background. This way you can see gameplay and trailers for every game full screen and get a taste of what each game has to offer. Box art and details are also displayed but do not totally obscure the video in the background. It took me a while, but I created my own PC game box art and gameplay/trailer videos, as LaunchBox Games Database/EmuMovies does not have every title. Overall, I am very pleased with the results, and just love being able to play from such a large library of games all in one place on my sofa! Thanks LaunchBox! (also have Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, and Nintendo Switch to round out the collection ?)

So nice. 

How is your n-64 running ???? I only want like 4 games from it...but I thought that system was a " no fly zone " since the emulator update had stalled years ago?

Replying to thegreatiandi:

I think my N64 emulator is running pretty well actually! I tested out most games, and while the control scheme on an Xbox One controller for games likes GoldenEye take some getting used to, games like Mario 64 play like a dream! As for emulator updates, it's possible they stopped updating it, but if an emulator ran at the desired resolution with good input and fidelity, I didn't complain.

‘Only’ having the top 100 rated for each system is an interesting way to go. I have 70k+ games but that obviously isn’t necessary. I like seeing the way others have their setup done. I have my BigBox the way I like it and it looks completely different to yours, but I really like what you’ve done with it having the backgrounds as the game preview videos. Well done. Did you decide to go with stand-alone emulators because you aren’t a fan of RetroArch?

Replying to Dane:

Actually I only discovered RetroArch late in developing my collection. The first emulator I ever used was ZSnes, and I just kind of focused on finding other emulators that worked well for each system. I'm definitely a fan of the idea of having a single program that can emulate multiple systems easily, but since I already had everything working efficiently, I had no need to change my setup.

Also, I actually have the full ROM collections for most of the older systems, like NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, etc. all zipped up and archived, I just don't have them in my LaunchBox selection. I just don't really feel like playing Barbie: Super Model or Shaq-Fu for the SNES very often, for example. :D

5 hours ago, Storm Samurai said:

Replying to Dane:

Actually I only discovered RetroArch late in developing my collection. The first emulator I ever used was ZSnes, and I just kind of focused on finding other emulators that worked well for each system. I'm definitely a fan of the idea of having a single program that can emulate multiple systems easily, but since I already had everything working efficiently, I had no need to change my setup.

Also, I actually have the full ROM collections for most of the older systems, like NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, etc. all zipped up and archived, I just don't have them in my LaunchBox selection. I just don't really feel like playing Barbie: Super Model or Shaq-Fu for the SNES very often, for example. :D

Bro....bro....you have no idea what you are missing.

Barbie Super Model is right up there with Super Mario bros 3, Festers quest and Treasure Dizzy..UGH lol

Image result for dizzy adventure games 

I do like the setup as well...i do think i may have to include all of my games though...it took me the better part of 18years since starting my journey into emulation to amass them all. 

I don't want to all be for nothing! 

6 hours ago, Storm Samurai said:

Replying to Dane:

I just don't really feel like playing Barbie: Super Model or Shaq-Fu for the SNES very often, for example. :D

Haha, true. Whilst scrolling through the games I just like seeing stuff like “Mary-Kate and Ashley - Girls Night Out” on the Gameboy Advance to give me a laugh and appreciate the good games even more.

• 7 months later...
On 7/1/2018 at 11:49 AM, Storm Samurai said:

• Systems:

Are you shari

ng download of this as well? Great work!