LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME - Atari 2600 control setting to make spinner act like paddle?

ItchyRobot

I am starting to experiment on getting my controls setup through MAME for my Atari 2600 games. Some of the games work best with a paddle controller, such as Kaboom. I would like to use my spinner to act like the Atari 2600 paddle but can not figure out where that is possible. I tried looking under the TAB>Machine settings, but I do not see anywhere to set analog settings for my spinner for Kaboom; like I am used to seeing for other spinner games like Tempest and Arcanoid.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by ItchyRobot

I have never used Mame to emulate the 2600 but it is possible that it doesn't support spinners for paddle controls. Have you tried Stella (stand alone version) ? It has all sorts of controller options with it, it is by far the best 2600 emulator available, I wish the Retroarch core got updated to match the current stand alone version.

• 2 years later...